Thursday, September 17, 2009

Excuse us as we compare mobile homes.


This was part of Faith's schoolwork, and since it is becoming the season this, then I thought I would use it as part of our Fall decor.
The hair pin is not part of the decor, in case you are wondering :-) They just seem to be everywhere.


Yes, I know the picture on the wall needs straightened! That book on the piano is Faith's lessons... Alfred's Basic Prep Course. She is nearly through with the first book.

The wreath I made was too thick to put on my front door between the screen door and main door, so I sort-of tied it to the porch light. :-) I would have preferred it on the door, but it just wouldn't fit. I like the Autumn decor. I don't do Halloween, of course, but I like the warmness of the Autumn colors. Gives a cozy family feeling. I like the candles that come out at this season, as well.

Odd, I know, but that scarecrow and leaves in the curtain was about the best I could think of at the moment. I didn't have lots of money to spend on decorations, so I did what I could.

Rachel, this looks a little odd, because my camara had to stitch together three photos, so it make it look different. But, you can get the general idea. The above window's curtains are the one the children kept pulling off the wall. I bought new stuff to keep them up... shouldn't be so easy to pull down now.


This is the other side of the same room. I took the photos last night, so that is why it looks dark.

The girls' room.

--------
My little sister, Rachel, just moved into a mobile home not long ago, and due to all the craziness in our lives right now... family, health, finances, work, schedules, you know... neither of us have been able to visit the other's trailor home. So, Rach, here's my attempt to take some panaramic pictures of a couple of rooms. I have 1 and 1/2 baths, 3 bedrooms, the kitchen and dining area are one and the same, a laundry CLOSET (this I don't much care for... nowhere to hide the ever growing laundry), a living room, and a small hall. The one bedroom is used as a school/study and is where Hope's pack'n'play currently is set up. We have a nice porch and a patio area. The neighbors here all seem to know each others' business and watch out for each other. If anything happened to Ron or they thought we needed help, I know several who would probably be knocking at my door, or asking if there is anything they can do. Not that they ever have had to do that, they just give me that impression mostly. If someone looked suspicious around here, I think the cops might receive several phone calls... the speed limit is 10 miles an hour here! They are particular about cleanliness and orderliness, and I have heard they will write up residents for not lining up. They have security, too. Nice play area with a track for exercise. It is usually VERY quiet here! What a change if you once lived near the city! They even have lots you can rent for gardening! I would like to do that next year, if possible. I like having big yards, but I am getting used to this. I feel pretty safe... except in tornado weather!
Even though I feel safe, it is going to be strange without my hubby here for a while. You see, although we have security, good neighbors over all, dead-bolt locks on the doors, locks on the windows, a light that pops on when there is movement outside, and I have Ron's gun, it is not the same as having my man. He weighs nearly 260 and is very strong... yes, even with all the chemo he has had. In his high school days, he was fourth in the state in heavy weight wrestling, and before he was a Christian, he would beat up people for the fun of it. Of course, he would not do that now, but I would not want to be the person who tried to harm his family... I am certain he can still take 'um down. I can't even do a whole push-up, but he can do lots of them, and because he still works hard, he is still muscular... maybe not quite like his wrestling days, but he is one strong preacher now... :-) I have been very impressed watching him lift very large appliances all by himself when we needed move them... he's a tough cookie!
But, there is One who is stronger still, who will be watching out for his children... and, I am so glad Jesus will be here with us. Maybe He will even send some reinforcements... some friends or some extra angels our way. That would be nice.

No comments: