Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mommies are not allowed to be sick!

I feel blaaa! I am sick... my body aches, I cough, I sneeze, the lymph nodes in my throat feel weird, I have a different voice, temps a little higher than normal, and I am officially sick. I don't get sick like this very often, but it has come upon me, and what do you know, but life still demands my attention?! I couldn't call off my job. I still had to make sure my children were fed, bathed, and safe. I still mowed my grass. I still washed dishes, cleaned the refrigerator... who spilled that drink?!, cleaned the microwave, my bathroom, did a 1/2 days worth of homeschooling, and oh, even my jaws ache! Maybe that is from talking too much or from chewing that gum. Around my eyes hurt... but, life must go on... I am on active duty... I have to be... MY HUSBAND ACCIDENTALLY ATE SOMETHING WITH CHICKEN MEAT TODAY!!! It happened at work, so I didn't get to read the ingredients before he ate it. (In case you don't know, my hubby is highly allergic to poultry!!! Has been since he was a child!) The Salisbury steaks we usually buy do not have chicken meat, but some do... we have to ask about meats and stuff even at restaurants! Anyway, he took some anti-histamine, and you know what that can do to a person... knocked him out... so no church for us tonight... and, I, sick mommy, am on active duty still.
I even slept part of the night sitting up so I could breathe better. Blaaa! At least I am not vomiting and stuff (yet).
My aunt had a one-way bypass today... still waiting to see how she is doing. I would rather have my sickness than hers! Please, keep praying for her recovery.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Hi, Sarah. I hope you are feeling better by now. It is no fun when mommy is sick. Things don't go so well when that happens. lol!