Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I miss it already!

"It" is Children's Church. I just told Ron last night how much I missed teaching. You think I would be grateful for the break. I guess I am, but there is something so satisfying about teaching those youngsters. They are challenging, but wonderful! I think I would just shrivel up into nothing if I had noone to teach... so... right now, my students are my own kids at home. I had to take a break from CC because of Ron's situation; otherwise, I would have probably offered to keep going with a new theme. It felt strange being in the adult service Sunday morning. I enjoyed the service, except my baby Hope was exceptionally fussy (no, Amy, I didn't pinch her this time :-) You would just have to be there to know why I would do such a thing... she was not really hurt).
When we visited the Kenwood Church Sunday night, I saw their Children's Church before the service. My two older children went to CC that evening there. My children love Ms Charolette... she is so gentle and good with children... you get this feeling that she is geniunely interested in you alone. I would love to learn some skills from her. I want the children in our class to feel loved that way, too. It is something that could stick with a child for many years to come.
So, I guess I will just have to be patient and wait until I can start teaching again... the desire is burning a hole in me.

No comments: