Thursday, September 3, 2009

Facts

There are no "for-sure" malignancies shown on the PET scan... good news! Again! There are some questionable areas... one appears to be reactive (whatever that means) and the most of the others seem to have no up-take of the radiotracer. Some areas may have even shrunk some more. Perhaps scar tissue, or something.
Anyway, that is good news for the "go-ahead" in the tranplant. They want little to no activity when they slap someone with this thing. They said it could be another month before he is admitted. Gotta double check those umbilical cords to be sure they good for him, I guess.
Tomorrow is his pre-transplant educational class. I plan to go with him, if all works out okay... since I, as his "caregiver", need educated, too.
Another thing I have been thinking about, was my last post... you know, to be honest, I had some of the best child-care givers during his last transplant stay that I could ask for. Some were conveniently located in close proximities of the hospital!!! I mean, a couple of families matched perfectly what I wanted in a babysitter! It was TOTALLY a God-thing! They were kind and gentle with my children, while also being firm when needed be, they were solid holiness Christians... actually, some were pastor's wives! They had good experience with children, and was very good to my children. And, they didn't stuff my kids with junk food. I knew that God had opened those doors... now, this time, I am praying for doors to be opened again... where I just know it is a God-thing. I still would be tickled-pink if I could have someone here at my house, but, if not, I am praying that my children would not have to be tossed around too much. The mortality rate of this treatment Ron is about to receive, is like 15%, and I think I would feel just aweful if something happened when I wasn't there for him. And, this will make him so sick, I just want to be the one who is right there to comfort him. He should only be there for maybe 2 1/2 to three weeks, I think, and then, if all goes well, I can take care of him at home... along with my children... and, we can all be together again, school can resume, and I will be super-woman! Back to the routine of life... well, except Ron will probably not work for a little while. And, we will be on the alert against germs and he will have to be on a low-bacterial diet again.
It has been considered to not go through with this thing... you don't understand unless you have been there, it is terrible! Just pray that we will make the right decisions in the nest few days!

No comments: