Monday, August 17, 2009

In our weakness...He is strong









Perhaps Ron overdid it last week... maybe it's just a side effect of the chemo... maybe he just needs more nutritious meals... maybe he needs more sleep... his counts are a little low, but not where he needs a transfusion, but he has been complaining of weakness... for a few days now... he actually didn't feel like going to church yesterday... but, he went, of course. He seems unusually weak... woke up in the night mumbling something about feeling like he could go to sleep and not ever wake up again! AAAAUGH! But, of course, he was up and at it early this morning with devotions, reading the paper, and getting ready for work. Weakness didn't stop him from going on... but, something seems strange... not sure exactly what is happening. He has chemo again tomorrow, and maybe we'll find out when his next PET scan is.

Faith is doing great in school! She is flying through her work. Doing well with piano, too. Sooo happy for her. We've already had field trips... visiting GBS and we also went to the Air Force Musuem Saturday... Ron went with us... though he didn't feel right... that nagging weakness, unexplainable feeling in his face, and fatigue. Please, pray for him!

Charity has become rather artistic these days... Her art looks a little like this new style of art... very different... Faith's drawings are of people, houses, flowers, animals, stuff like that... concrete... Charity has been doing some sort of abstract drawings. Hope just likes to scribble on anything and everything nearby... herself included! I suspect Charity had help with the above picture... she sat with someone else in church, so maybe they drew it and she colored it.
I am doing fine! My leg is asleep right now, and that is very uncomfortable... guess I better get up and moving!
Hope you enjoy the recent pictures!

2 comments:

Cortney @ evanhaslanded.com said...

Hi Sarah! Don't know if you remember me but I wanted to let you know that I have your blog on my reader so I have been following how your family is doing. I am continuing to pray for you guys!!

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Hi Sarah. Just thinking about you and praying for you. Maybe I shouldn't say this but my heart breaks when I read your post about Ron. I know God can heal and we have to believe and trust in that fact. I will be praying alot for you and passing on your update to my family and friends. Love what your girls are doing. It's so much fun to watch them learn. Take care and know that you are loved.