Thursday, July 1, 2010

"The Real World"

This is slightly embarrassing, but I did not know some of these things until I was an adult... some of them I learned while helping in a Christian school and others from AiG. You see, as I had gone to the government's public school system, I had been brainwashed in the beliefs of people who want to explain the world without God, but as I see it now, the Bible IS the history book that shows how our world was created and the evidence is everywhere! I am excited about studying these truths with my children. The girls have been learning this at home and it was reinforced at camp. I am THRILLED with the loads of info in my children's minds and God's world... the REAL world. I have no desire for them to believe satan's lies, I want them to live in God's REAL WORLD, with great anticipation, looking forward to His glorious return.

The one video, Faith and I are having a discussion about dragons. When she was at someone's house a while back, they showed my children a video (I was out on a date with hubby, I think), and it had a "dragon" on it with wings... hence the idea that dragons have wings. Faith is very dramatic when she is talking, so ENJOY!

I am hoping to get some videos of what she learned in some of her other classes in kindergarten on here. I think the family members out there who rarely get to see my children might enjoy it, and also, it might show some folk how very effective homeshooling can be. It has been a trip teaching my first child how to read, write, add, subtract, count to 100 by 1s, 5s, and 10s, teaching her about different cultures, catachisism, tell time, and many other things... not to mention the lessons here and there about washing dishes, vacuuming, cleaning house, and a tiny bit of cooking... then there is piano... and, jump roping, bicycling, roller blading, swimming, and playing well with other children... everyday is learning, even without the books. I am sooooo excited that God gave me little Faithy. She has matured so much and is so lovable. I just love her so much... and, next year, Charity starts pre-school... and, she has had an advantage, because she has learned much by being with her big sister... so, some of the stuff she already knows. Hope still isn't potty-trained, so that will be her big to-do... she has been rapidly improving in her verbal skills. I had been concerned for her in that area, but I think she is catching up fast.

I am praying that Jesus would help me to raise them the way He would if He were the One physically doing it. That is going to help me to be more consistant, gentle, and persistant on their complete obedience in attitude and swiftness in action, and making sure my priorities are straight.

Stay tuned for more pics and videos in the near future, Lord willing.

No comments: