Monday, July 19, 2010

Whew! It's over!

Wow...
with all that happened last week, all of us were exhausted!!! Poor Ron, he didn't get to sleep in like the girls and I did this morning. A much needed sleep!
Wednesday, Ron went to the viewing of his uncle (out of town) with his folks, Thursday, we travelled to my grandma's viewing, Friday was her funeral, burial, and meal, decorating for Rachel's wedding, and her rehearsal, and then Saturday, her wedding, reception, and clean-up, and then, Sunday morning, Ron and I taught CC and went to church Sunday night, although we were exhausted yet. The emotions of the week were unbelievably overwhelming. Today, is housework and getting my children's emotions and behavior back under control after a week of confusion. Everything turned out well... it 'was just too much at once. Grandma's funeral was really nice, and Rachel's wedding was pretty. All the food was mmm-mmm good.
Makes me more thankful for the people who worked so very hard on our wedding... naming a couple would be the Yates' family and Michael and Linda Schaub... I wish I could hug them all and tell them thanks all over again!!! There were others who helped, too, but those two families really stand out in my mind right now for the hours of work they sacrificed for us. I also loved Dr. Wingham's personal prayer over us at our wedding... how very meaningful it was for us. He knew us well, and prayed a knowledgeable prayer of blessing on us. Don't you love how weddings bring back those memories?! Thank you, ya'll! Now I know what it was like a little!

2 comments:

Belle said...

I loved helping in your wedding!

Sarah Cook said...

Linda, you guys were fantastic... thanks!