Tuesday, July 13, 2010

two funerals and a wedding

Ron's great-uncle passed away Sunday, my Grandma (pictured on the side of my blog) passed away today, and my sister is to be married Saturday.
Words cannot express how I feel about the passing of my sweet Grandma. We went to see her at the hospital the other day, and it was hard to see her so sick. Grandma always seemed to just keeping going. I feel an empty spot in my heart right now. I loved her so very much. I have wonderful memories of her making my birthday cakes, spending the past several Thanksgiving dinners (with few exceptions), her enjoying my children, and all those childhood memories of my own with her. I got this sick feeling in my stomach after receiving THE phonecall today. How can she go away?! It happened too fast! It just won't be the same without her.
Rachel is getting married this weekend and I am to be the Matron-of-Honor and Faithy is now the flower-girl... meaning a rush around to get her dress done. She now has one, and I made some adjustments to it to make it match better Rachel's wedding. Off came the pretty pink flowers and on went red and ivory ribbons... thank you to Sister Manley, who tracked me down yesterday at the thrift store to give me this dress and gave me permission to alter it to fit the wedding. Now, I need to finish my dress.
My house is messy because we are giving Faith her own room; therefore, the computer room is having a major transformation into a 6 year old's bedroom... hope it will help with the over-crowded situation where all three girls had been sharing a room.
I am almost finished with my MIL's throw quilt... FINALLY!!!
I can't seem to get everything done. My heart is so broken right now, it is hard to feel motivated to do some of it.
I still need to send in my letter of intention to the school board to show that I am homeschooling Faith during her 1st grade year.
I can't seem to get past this grief feeling... maybe I will go get some coffee... maybe that'll help.
It is pouring down rain and thundering... my kids are hungry... and, I don't feel like taking care of them... okay, that sounds bad... I am going to go now, and make them something to eat.
Just cause I am greiving doesn't mean I won't have to make food for my youngsters, who are also sad (especially, Faith), about their great-grandma.

2 comments:

Beth said...

sorry to hear about your Grandma and Ron's uncle.....

Hope all goes well with your sister wedding.

Sarah Cook said...

Thanks, Beth. It is past midnight and the grief is horrible.
Ron is going to his great-uncle's viewing, I think... it is a bit of a trip, but I think Ron, Shenna (and, one of her daughters), and their mom are travelling together Wednesday.
I am waiting to find out when the funeral is for Grandma.