Thursday, May 7, 2009

Family Day

Overall, today was a very, very good day.
I know this sounds bad, but I am glad Ron didn't go to work today (due to his procedure yesterday). I drove him around half the day, until his 24 hours after sedation was up. Then, he drove. We went to Faith's piano lesson, to the library, out to eat, to the offices downtown to get info about Ron's job if he would have to undergo big treatments, back home, then for a big drive, and to a park. Then, he came home and helped me with some evening chores, and now everyone (besides me) is in bed. I enjoyed having him with us.
Thanks everyone for your kind comments. It is good to know people care and are praying. You all are so encouraging. I am surprised to see who all is praying for us and reading my blog! I will have to say one thing, though... I don't want to be not be fake... I know I sound kind and chipper on my blog, but if you lived with me, you would most likely change your mind. I am very easily stressed, and have had to make my share of apologies to my children lately, and I have always had to back up and apologize to hubby. I don't want to live a double life, I want be real. I have been praying about this issue of short-ness, maybe you can pray for me, too. I still like the compliments, because they encourage me to do better, and live up to it. So, thanks!
Ron has a follow-up appointment with the oncologist on Monday to discuss the biopsy results, and probably the plan of action. Pray that God would give them wisdom on what to do.
I feel like we are standing at the Red Sea with the body of water in front of us, mountains behind us, and Pharoah's army is closing in! Am I going to complain and wonder why God got us in this "mess"? I have some. Or, am I going to step back and let God work things out the way He knows best? Ouch! I do feel overwhelmed, and am not always friendly... a little focused on myself... so, please, bare with me! I'm going to straighten up and stop my temper-tantrum soon.
We still press on!

2 comments:

Martha C said...

Sarah,
Troy and I were saddened to hear of Ron's latest news. I wish that I were closer so that I could lend a helping hand - if nothing else, I could bring rolls. :-) Thinking and praying for you!

Sarah Cook said...

Martha, those rolls sound nice right now, and so does a visit from you... but, there is that little few miles there.