Monday, May 4, 2009

We'll understand it better by and by

Tis a sad day here at the Cook home. No, we have not just moped around... we have tried to have fun with the children reguardless.
The pain in hubby's hip appears to be cancer. A large spot showed up in that area on the PET/CAT scan. But, that is not all. A small spot was also shown on a lung, and there were other areas, as well.
To see if it is really the cancer, they are scheduling a biopsy of that bony area on the hip. OUCH! It doesn't sound like they can get a biopsy of the spot in the lung.
Don't know what they will want to do to him... guess we'll find out after they do that biopsy.
I know God can still do a miracle. I honestly haven't been praying as much as I should for him. He needs it so much right now. He is still working hard, and kind-of acts like nothing is going on. He just does his job, and provides selflessly for his family.
I am a little confused and angry right now. The emotional load is heavy, but we press on!

13 comments:

sankey family said...

We are so sorry to hear this disturbing news. We are praying for you, Ron and the girls. May the everlasting arms hold you right now.
Marc, Melodie and boys

Rebecca said...

I'm praying for you guys. Love you all. Rebecca

Sonya said...

So sorry to hear about the results of Ron's test. We, as well as our church people, will be praying for you and your family. May God give you extra grace and strength during this difficult time. Thanks for keeping us posted.
Ben and Sonya

Liz said...

I'm so sorry for your family's pain right now. Praying for you.

Missy said...

I am sure your pain is unbearable right now and for that I am so sorry. There aren't any kind of words that I can say to help, but please know that we will be praying for all of you.

Gerald, Missy, Braxton, Caden and "baby girl"

suzanne said...

The Ratcliff family will be praying for your family.

Anonymous said...

Love you. I'm praying.

Valorie Quesenberry said...

Sarah,
I'm so sorry about this. What difficult news to deal with. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please don't blame yourself for being confused and angry--that's quite normal. God doesn't expect us to be emotionless, but to bring all of our emotions to Him and let Him sort them out. You have stood by your man in an awesome way and been a mama to your girls in stressful circumstances. Your sisters in faith are pulling for you--we love you bunches.

Jana said...

So sorry to hear this report!! We will be praying for all of you!!!

Anonymous said...

I love you very much sissy.... you know I am always here for you and you all are very much in my prayers... keep your head held high.... just remember when you may feel all alone in this that is when God is carrying you.....Call me if you need someone to talk to..

The Salisburys said...

I do not know you personally but my heart aches for you and your precious family. Our family will be praying for extra grace and strength for all of you. God Bless!

Amanda Shough said...

Oh, Sarah. I don't even know the words to say to you. You have so many friends that love and are praying for you. Know that you and your family are in my heart and prayers. I love you, girl. you've always been an inspiration to me. Keep pressing on. God uses all things to His Glory! Call me if you need me. 937-389-8272

Devan said...

Sarah,
I'm also praying for you, your girls, and your family. You have a beautiful spirit which the Lord has used to encourage my heart...
Your sister-in-Christ,
Devan (DeMint) Carpenter