Friday, May 1, 2009

My girls' angels...

are working over-time! Two days in a row, I witnessed God's protection through a near brush of death. Both being while I was driving. (What does that tell you?)
Yesterday, I was driving to pick Ron up for work, and before I turned into the street where Ron works, I saw a truck pulling in that way from the other direction, too, so as I creeped up behind him, a big truck (a short semi... whatever) came flying the otherway toward us... ran the truck in front of me onto the curb! That guy reacted quickly, avoiding being hit. Didn't really effect us, except we had to stop. If I had not been slowed down waiting for the truck to go before me, I might have been squashed by that semi... and, the dude in the semi was talking on his cell phone, and appeared to not even noticed he had run a truck up onto the curb! There are lots of big trucks and semis that fly down this little street, and it does make me nervous! I am so glad that God had a truck in front of me with a driver who was able to think fast and jump onto the curb, preventing a big accident... if it had been me, I might not have thought fast enough, because that road comes around a curve, and you don't always see what is flying toward you... and, very likely on the wrong side of the road!
Then, early this morning, I had taken Ron to work, bought breakfast at McDonald's, and got turned around a bit, so I stopped and asked directions to the highway that leads to our home, and was happily driving that way when I didn't notice a stop sign until I saw car flying by without stopping, so I quickly stepped the breaks as I got to the stop sign, but my van would not stop! It just flew right through that intersection swerving as I went! It had been raining heavily and the roads were still very wet... the vehicle going the other way made it through the intersection shortly before I came barrelling through. I was very frightened, and embarrassed that I had missed that stop sign. I have never had a ticket before, and don't want to start now. It is a strange feeling when you step on the brakes and the van just keeps going! Praise God for his protection on me and my precious little ones! I talked to the girls about what we had learned in that moment.
1. Watch very closely for stop signs... they may pop up when you least expect it.
2. When you are driving in or after the rain, drive very carefully, and give yourself plenty of time to stop... don't stamp on the brakes.
Never too early to teach your children how to drive carefully! HA! Yes, I know how to drive... just forgot about the wet roads, and don't do well on slick roads! I actually talk to my kids often while I drive... telling them about stop lights, railroad tracts, and have them pray when I am getting onto 75 (it's a mess!), and if I get lost going to a new place or a new direction. They are going to have the traffic laws memorized by the time they are 6... HA!

No comments: