Wednesday, May 20, 2009

If thy eye offend thee

You remember those dramatic words of Jesus! Lord, isn't that a bit extreme? Plucking out eyes?! Come on, isn't there another way?!
Well, I am "plucking out some offending eyes." Don't worry... It is not really a physical eye, but rather I am tearing down some idols. Yes, idols. Not those little figurines of fat bellied men or skinny tall women, but things that take time away from God and my family... things that I have been putting before God, put before praying, before loving my children, before reading to them and holding them, before respecting and being there for my husband. Things that must go.
It seems extreme, but not as extreme as cutting off my arm.
I spent sometime praying and weeping for the souls of my children and my own spiritual life and for Ron last night, and have come to the conclusion that I cannot spend nearly an entire day either on the computer or on the phone, and expect my children not to feel neglected, get a clean home, love God with ALL of my heart, and expect to lead souls (namely, my children) to Jesus. SOOOO, I am getting rid of the land line and internet. Don't panic.... I can still go to the library when I need to, but I won't be able to waist my every day playing on the computer! And, I still have my cell phone (a necessity).
God won't co-god.
Some people can manage their time well on the computer, but it is a weakness of mine, so I have to be extreme.
Sooo, you won't see posts everyday anymore, but I can probably update you periodically, which I want to do, but I just can't put it first. Hope ya'll will understand!
Ron is scheduled to start chemo tomorrow. Just pray for him.

No comments: