Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I think I am getting closer to the source!

Hope's little face was looking better, then it happened again! I think I have it down to three possibilities: milk, soap, or apples... those are the three things reintroduced and the rash is bad! Martha, I think I might try the melaleuka (sp?) soap... my sister-in-law has alot of it and might send me some to try. I DO know that while I was weaning Hope from breastfeeding, she would get diarrhea from cow's milk, but seemed to have adjusted in that area, but I seem to see a relationship between my giving her a sippy cup of milk, and the rash's appearance. Poor little baby!
WOW! My children sure have energy today!
I was a mean mom again today. I have been struggling to get the girls to clean up after themselves, then finally today, I set the timer for a half an hour, and told the girls that basically whatever was left on their floor when the timer went off was fair game to be loaded into a trash bag (for a yard sale or give away)... and, I sure got to load some stuff up, and now, I think the little ladies are going to take room cleaning seriously! I might even make this a daily thing until we get it under control. Their room looks MUCH BETTER! They were so excited that their room looked so nice. When one has three children sharing a room, things have to be under control, or one might loose their mind trying to get it back under control. I still have the other parts of the house to tackle today. Yesterday, I did the two bathrooms, washed laundry, and planted the beautiful flowers my hubby bought me for Mother's Day. The day before was Ron's appointment, so I don't know that I functioned well... but, I mowed my lawn and two others (making a little extra to help out). Overall, though, I have been a bit lazy, I just am not functioning the way I should... brain over-load!
You missed a funny sight yesterday. You must understand how I feel about bees. When I mow lawns and a bumble bee is nearby, I nearly have to close my eyes and mow so that I can finish the job. Yesterday, a wasp got in my house. Ron was gone with Faithy and Cherry, and Hope was sleeping in her pack-n-play. I grabbed a bottle of spray starch, and hid in my room, peeking out to see what the bee was doing in my kitchen, then finally, I opened my front door, hoping that it would find its way out. I sprayed the starch at it a couple of times, though it probably never touched it. It finally flew outside. Spray starch?! What an interesting thing to spray at a bee!
I need some serious direction from the Lord right now. If Ron would have go into the hospital for a couple of months, do I look for a job? What about my little girls? How can I be at the hospital with Ron (this time he will probably be alot worse than last time), take care of my precious little girls, and make sure everyday needs and chores are taken care of? If only I could split myself into three, I could cover all the bases. Sigh! Just pray that God would give me clear direction. Perhaps there is a job that I could do at my house, or bring my children with me... that would be ideal, then I could visit Ron when the job was done, and I wouldn't have to be away from the children for huge periods of time... afterall, I gave birth to the children, because I wanted to raise them. I don't know... it is one of those times when you must remember that verse that tells us to take no thought for tomorrow... basically saying that God would take care of his children... He always has! He always will! I am having sympathy right now on single mothers! But, it doesn't do any good to stress out, just makes me grumpy.... and, last time I checked, grumpy was not on the good list.

1 comment:

The Dickinsons said...

I enjoyed reading this post. Our family just had special prayer for God to give you the wisdom you need if Ron were to go back into the hospital. And we prayed for Ron.

Thank you for your birthday wishes to Elijah. Poor little boy, he is VERY SICK with the flu...on his first birthday. =(