Thursday, May 14, 2009

The plan of action

Tomorrow, Ron is to get another bone marrow biopsy (before his Zanesville youth outing).
Monday is his MUGA scan.
Then, if all goes well, that week he will began some tough and serious chemo. We can't put it off, or we might loose the window of opportunity to cure it. (Goodbye to that thick hair again!!!)
That chemo plan is supposed to last 6-7 weeks.
Then, a PET, I think.
Then, if a matching donor is found, in he goes for the probably the BIGGEST treatment he has ever gotten at the James Cancer Center in Columbus, then the transplant. It is bound to be a very long stay.
I am starting to not worry... my children and husband are my priority right now... God will take care of the rest... and, He will help me find the help I need for the times I will have to be away from my children to be with my sick hubby... He did last time, and He hasn't changed.
They have told him that the outlook is a 25% chance of cure doing this... I told you chances were running low!!! But, we're giving it our best!
He's always been a wrestler! And, he will be a winner no matter which way this goes! He has Christ in his heart, and is a serious Christian... I have confidence in him! He's geared up to give out lots of tracts at the hospital!
If you don't hear from me for a while... I have a full plate. Thanks for your kind words and prayers... I think I am starting to feel those prayers of God's saints!
We press on!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

We're praying for you!! May you feel God ever so close during this time. Sarah, you truly are an amazing wife, mother and Christian!! Love you!

Charity said...

Just keep pressing on! You are all fighters... I know Ron gets strength from the fact that you are fighting this thing together. You're in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

What Cancer Cannot Do

It cannot cripple love,
It cannot shatter hope,
It cannot corrode faith,
It cannot eat away peace,
It cannot destroy confidence,
It cannot kill friendship,
It cannot shut out memories,
It cannot silence courage,
It cannot reduce eternal life,
It cannot quench the Spirit,
It cannot lessen the power of the resurrection.

I came across this when my mother was diagnosed with Hodgkin's. I keep it in my mind when talking with her. It is hard to be strong for the one who has always been strong for you. It is heart wrenching to see their strength be depleted by disease and to feel helpless in ways to help them. Stay strong and close to God! The Bible says to Be strong and of good courage, Fear not, for the Lord thy God, He it is that doth go with thee! This verse has been my lifeline in dealing with now the third close loved one to be ravaged by diseases that zap all strength and dignity. My thoughts are with you! Try to be as positive as possible with a sense of realism. I will be thinking of you! You may just have several of the hardest decisions of your life to face in the coming month's. Your support group is large! Utilize it! Do not try to face it all alone, it will tear and wear away your soul. This will make you more ineffective to be the support you need to your husband! There are no easy words to say during a time like this when the very real possibility of losing someone so precious to you looms like a dark cloud around you everyday! Keep trusting, praying, and talking to God wherever you are. It does not have to be outloud. Remember He hears our thoughts too.

with thoughts and prayers I leave you this note