Monday, July 9, 2007

Our big week

Here's the girls in their Sunday dresses dancing to Veggie Tales and/or Coy McGinnis music. They love to "dance."






This is a normal activity at the Cook house.









On the Fourth of July, we had a picnic with our friends, Jimmy and Ruthanne Huskins, at our house. After we finished lunch, the rain began to pour. Faith is in the rain in this picture, and Charity is excited. Notice her patriotic skirt.

Ron and I and the girls went to see the fireworks that night at Delco Park. It rained very hard on us there, too.


This is the cake I made for Faithy's birthday. I am not a pro, as you can see, but it was yummy... then I also had cookies and cream ice cream. MMM!





Friday was Faithy's birthday. She played outside and had a little birthday party. She seemed to have alot of fun. The birthday partywas in the evening... Mimi, Papaw, Aunt Shenna, cousins Kyle, Sierra, and Larissa, neighbors Sister Hoke and Vicki Norman came. Then, the next day we went to Youngs Jersey Dairy Farm with our friends, the Sowers. Faith wouldn't feed the goats and was afraid of the train ride, but enjoyed the food, ice cream, and put-put.












Sisters riding on Faithy's little four-wheeler. This was so adorable. A little scary, though, when Faith decided to drive up and down the wheelchair ramp.


Away they go! Charity would usually get on first, then Faith would squeeze in front on her. Got it on video!


Ni-night!





Thursday, we went to a dear elderly lady's birthday celebration. Typically, this time at her house is a Bible study for a church we've been temporarily filling in at, but it was a special occasion for this elderly saint.


The devil had been fighting Ron and me, and we were grouchy toward each other this weekend, but we made up... yep, we still are in love... Yes, I do tell all, don't I?


Sunday morning we were at our regular church, Wesleyan Evangelistic Church, where we work with young people. We have youth camp in a couple of weeks, so I had to go through the rules, etc. to prepare them for their big event. My baby was horribly cranky, and woke up my pastor's baby, and she screemed so much Sunday morning, I felt like hiding.


Sunday evening, Ron got to preach to a very nice congregation in the country... I thought I would be ill on the curvy roads, but I survived. It took us nearly 3 hours to get there for the evening service. The people served us a nice meal afterward.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sarah, looks like Faith had a good birthday weekend. Hope you're having a good week.

The Dickinsons said...

I enjoyed the nice update, and cute pics! Your girls are cute!

God bless y'all,
Heather =)