Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Youth garage sale

About four interesting things happened Saturday at the youth garage sale we had for missions. One you already know about, and that was Faith's car accident.

Second, was another type of accident by one of my children, displayed for the teens to see in the church's parking lot... Not appropriate for discription on this page. Let's just say the teens thought it was hilarious, but I was very thankful that there were no customers at that time.

Third, was the fact I sold a lady's cane... Yes, I REALLY SOLD AN ELDERLY LADY'S CANE! Many people had donated to this garage sale, so when a lady brought the cane up to me to purchase it, I thought that maybe I had just overlooked pricing it. Some wise person, Candy Davis, from our church told me that she suspected that it was a customer's cane, but did I listen? We waited a little while, and when noone claimed it, I, like a serious saleswoman, proceeded to sell the cane for $1, I believe. Could have died, when a car drove up later to inquire about the cane that they had accidently left behind... how do you tell someone, "Oh, so sorry, just sold your cane"? Tried to give them money, but they declined... I hope they'll think it as funny as the young people did. I am still recovering from that embarrassment... do I laugh or cry?

Fourth, while we were putting away the left over sale items, there were a couple of customers there, and I told them that everything there was now half price. Some guy hugged me (not a pat on the back type of hug), and said that he would take me... "yuck!" I felt so gross... here I am happily married, a momma, and PG... I felt like saying "Get your hands off" but I kindly stated that I didn't think so, that I thought my husband might throw a fit. I actually didn't tell Ron until the guy left because I wasn't sure how he would react (my hubby is a strong man, and if I were a guy, I wouldn't want to mess with him). I AM RON'S and he is mine, and I am proud of it! I am certainly not up for sale! No way, not ever! Jesus gave me to Ron, and He gave Ron to me... He is the best gift, besides salvation and sanctification, that I have ever received! So for any of those bored guys who go around checking out women's blogs in hopes of a date... you are on the wrong blog!!!
Hope you all had a great Independence Day... Mine was busy but nice.
May God help our country to serve Him... IN GOD WE TRUST.

No comments: