Thursday, May 8, 2008

Biopsy three... Over!

Poor guy, Ron is going to look like a patch-work quilt (so someone said to me the other day). First biopsy was months ago under the arm, where we first suspected something was up... well, the night sweats and low-grade fevers gave it away as well... but, these symptoms are no longer present. Then, he had that biospy of the tumor under his brain not longer after that. Those were all Hodgkins. But, I liked the biopsy this time (so far). They did a mediostinoscopy Tuesday (which is done a little different than I thought). They slit under your throat and go down the trachea area and get samples that way. The first marble-like sample was scar-tissue. COOL... I think. They went further on down to get to more of his masses, and we should be finding out the results of those very soon. Hopefully, they are all benign. If the oncologist is not yet satisified, then they may do that biospy through the chest... that is a bit more tricky, and I believe they will have to partially collapse a lung to do that... that is the one that will require an overnight stay. I got to take hime home with me this time! Yeah! If all these test come back negative, I think it is a cause for a party... what do you say?!

Special thanks to the Sowers family for babysitting my two older ones, and to Ron's mother who stayed with me at the hospital, and helped take care of baby so I could be with hubby. Thank you to our wonderful pastor, John Manley for visiting and praying with us. Thank you to Ron's dad who mowed our lawn that day (long story, but our lawn mower kicked the bucket... ladies, ask your hubbies what kind of oil goes into those things BEFORE you put in any chemicals you think are appropriate for lawn mowers!). Thanks to all of you for praying, sending cards, etc.

Oh, and my babysitter's daughter told her my children were spitting on her... so, of course, she told them to not do that, so guess what Faith said!? "But the soldiers spit on Jesus!"
How do three year olds come up with such come-backs?

No comments: