Sunday, May 25, 2008

Exhausted!

It has been a busy, fun, rewarding, but tiring weekend!

Okay, I know my last post might have come across a bit strongly... it was kind-of brought on by a comment someone made to me in conversation a couple of weeks ago, and I have been a bit overly upset about it. Hope I didn't hurt everyone's feelings by the strong statements... I actually have learned so much myself the past few years in my studying about Biblical living for women, and I am still learning, so bear with me. I just am surprised at the number of women who look down at stay-at-home moms. I encourage each of you, ladies, to study the Bible for yourself, pray, and ask God to help you develop a Biblical perspective... not a Sarah's perspective or anyone else's.

Now, on to this weekend! It has been packed! Between caring for my children, husband, and home, I have squeezed in teaching Children's Church again, going to a family picnic/ reunion, holding a teen outing in a gym (which I am seriously sore from being involved in this and some of the teens were hoping I would go hoarse from screaming!), and going to church services. I am sooo tired and sore. Of course, I had to make sure all of my family matched for Sunday, which is a habit we have started... it can get a bit frustrating at times, but it is kind-of cute! This week was black and white. Mother's Day was WHITE! (You must be brave to wear all white with small children... but, people thought it was cute and even took pictures of our family :-) ) Sometimes it is grean. (I think that was last week!) Sometimes it is black and red... I wear black alot for several reasons... 1. Dirt doesn't show up as badly. 2. I am overweight, and it helps hide it a little. 3. Because I am overweight, I am limited as to what clothes I can fit into.
I hate to look morbid, but I really need to get serious about the weight thing! Is there anyone out there who will pray for me in this area? I know this sounds a little petty and silly... but, I think it is important! Also, while you are in prayer, please help me pray that God will help me to do better outreaching... I have some neighbors, teenagers, and family I REALLY would love to see saved and established. This, of course, is most important!

Thank you, my dear friends, once again for your love to our family! You have helped pull us through very difficult times. Your supporting words and prayers have been our lifeline!!! WE LOVE YOU!!! (By the way, thanks for praying about that disk... I found it... hope to share picts soon!)

No comments: