Tuesday, May 27, 2008

We are a Family... with personality!

This is our home! We are not fancy or extremely picky. So this is considered "clean" to me (when I consider the children factor!) My children actually help "clean" my house.
Master bedroom (and Hope's, too!)
Living and dining rooms. Do you like the treadmill there waiting to be used? And, the piano that needs to have someone to learn how to play it!)
The study, rocking baby area, Ron's quiet place to pray, and schoolroom (books need sat up). I sometimes live in this room, it seems... and, it is very small, that is why it looks cluttered!)
My kitchen (I have some other rooms to this house, too... we don't own it, but it has been fine to rent!)
Girls' room (They call this clean!) Clap for them, they tried!
Yep, this is fairly clean!
I mean, after all, the floor IS picked up and things have their proper places!
But, behold what happens when shut in their room to PLAY! Aaaaugh!

Yes, I actually found Faith on top of the toy organizer! Charity kind-of blends in with the toys! I WAS NOT A HAPPY MAMA! And, they do not enjoy cleaning this type of mess up... but, if you make the mess...
I am a bit picky, but I have to give a little.
I really like my yard to look nice.
Yesterday, I mowed my grass, worked on my flowers, cleaned house a little, went out to eat, dropped by the mall while waiting for our van (whom we call Betsy [no, that has nothing to do with a dear friend that I have named Betsy, it is just a name that popped in our mind, and we went with it!]... the van is old and looks a bit rough, but she does the job) to get aligned (had to buy an outfit for middle child who had sudden blowout while we were eating out!), baby then has blowout in mall (don't know where bathroom is, so I change her outside! Fortunately, not all clothes were effected.), came home, blew up the kid's pool, did some weed-eating, bathed children, got cleaned up, and eventually crashed! (Was glad for an excuse to buy an adorable jean skirt for Charity.)
Today, I woke up incredibly sore, went grocery shopping (Ron's mom came with me and helped with the children) while Ron was receiving chemo, watched the kids play outside some, did my blog, and I really need to do more housework! Life sure is busy!
Here are some more pictures I thought I would share from the Cook family!


Below, we took a couple of Ron's sister's children fishing and canoeing with us! Very fun... but, way too many mosquitoes!






Slip and slide! A new fun item at our home!





Behold, a video of slip and slide... my children's version! NO, AMY, I DID NOT DO IT! Although, I am good friends with several neighbor's, I still don't want to look TOO crazy! The neighbor's car you see is a good friend from our church... they actually helped us get hooked up with this house. (We used to live in a one bedroom apartment until our family got too big for it!) God supplied that need!


Out friends, the Sowers, at our house! Another video! Yes, they ARE running around my little Hope, and to a CD called "Eugene Sings". They were BURSTING with energy! Nothing unusual for my children!


Fun with bubbles!
Life is tough (Ron had chemo today... but, hopefully will be done in TWO WEEKS!), but life can still be fun! Enjoy!

4 comments:

Missy said...

I enjoy visiting your blog. I check daily (usually more then once =>). I was at GBS when Ron was there. We and our church pray for your family. Even when it feels like no one is checking your blog and praying for you...I DO!!! I am so happy for you all about Ron being almost done with chemo. That is wonderful!! I'll check again tomorrow. lol!

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Love the pictures and I don't see anything wrong with your house. My girls room gets just as bad at times and boy do I dread going in there. Tricia is pretty good about helping pick up if I threaten her...lol. I'm so glad Ron is almost finished with his chemo. Check out my blog. I posted some new pictures too. Don't notice how fat I've become...lol. See ya.

Constance said...

I loved all of the pictures and videos. I am so with you on the house.

Martha C said...

Enjoyed all of your house photos. I had to chuckle at the video with Amy's protesting in it. :-)