Tuesday, May 13, 2008

When there seems to be so much bad news...

it sure is nice to hear some good news.

Ron went to the doctor today, and his oncologist said it is actually possible that Ron is already in COMPLETE REMISSION! Since the surgeon was able to get large biopsies last week, and they were clear of cancer, and seems to be inflamation and scar tissue, Ron is scheduled to be done with chemo in 4 weeks! Hurray! Then, they will plan to do another PET scan, and he is to have an MRI as well. Such a change from the prognosis we got a few weeks ago! Here we thought they were going to have to put him in for the big chemo and stem cell transplant! One doctor skilled in Hodgkins that was asked about Ron's case, suggested they go for it without a biopsy, but two others who were also skilled in Hodgkins, said to get a biospy first! Am I glad they went with the biospy! That treatment is rough and can be deadly (especially in older people), that is why they were so hesitant, and getting all these opinions!

Okay, so I sound selfish, but I REALLY wanted to go to camp this Summer. It is much more fun than watching someone you love go through torture. Right now, it sounds like the battle could be almost over. The doctor said that they can watch it, and if it does not return in maybe three years... well, he may be considered cured... or, technically, in complete remission! Hodgkin's is interesting in this way. It is a cancer that actually can be gotten rid of forever, unlike so many other cancer, and you can go on for MANY years!

Know some of you know that my hubby is one who does run the isles at church. Yes, even during difficult times. He is so happy to be a Christian, and to have peace with God! If you knew him may years ago, you probably would have never guessed he would become an ordained minister, but, he is. More than preaching, his testimony witnesses to others. Now, when I found out this good news about him, I felt like running... actually, after the second results, I did jump up and down, but I was at home.

Thank you, God, for looking so kindly toward us. We love you.

Now, for a bit of sad news...
My uncle passed away Sunday of cancer.
A dear friend of mine's mother passed away today of cancer.
And, I was just told recently that another dear friend of mine has cancer!
I guess Ron's cousin who is around his age has cancer.
And, a young person Ron used to pastor has cancer.

You know... I really don't like cancer! Aren't you glad that if we've repented of our sins and believe on the Lord Jesus, someday we will go to a place where there will be no more cancer... no more earthquakes... no more terrible storms killing thousands of people. We will be safe in the arms of our Lord. My heart has been saddened by the news of Burma's tragedy and China's. I am reminded again that istwill be soon that the Lord will return fro His people, his Bride. I pray for these dear people who need Jesus, and they need physical help as well! I can only imagine the shock and heartbreak that they are going through.

Now, I know my thoughts are bouncing around, but I want thank those who prayed for that youth ladies' slumber party I had... It went well. I felt the Lord was speaking to our... His young people. There was a nice meal, games, etc., and, my special speakers did great! We had a pretty good turn-out! It reminded me of a little ladies Youth Challenge, or something. Praise God for what He did that night!

5 comments:

sankey family said...

SO so happy with you for this amazing news - what an answer to prayer!! Thank the Lord for His touch on Ron and His daily strength to you all!
We'll look forward to seeing you at camp.
Melodie

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!!! So grateful for this huge answer to prayer for you and Ron. Wow! We serve a big God. Also glad to hear that your girls night went well. Sorry I wasn't able to be a part. I ended up working with my girls here. :) I'm glad to hear that it was a success. Keep me in mind for another time!

My heart echoes your sentiments about looking forward to a day when all pain, suffering, sickness, etc. will be no more. I can't wait!

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Sarah...That is wonderful news!! I am so happy to hear that Ron is doing so well. I will be sure to pass the news on to my Mom. Thank the Lord that He touched Ron and I'm sure we are all praying for a complete touch. In His Time All Things Are Possible!! Praise the Lord.

Constance said...

Praise the Lord for Ron's reports. God sees the rainbow when we see only clouds. I am glad your ladies teen night turned out so well.

sarahmfry said...

I have tears of joy, Sarah.

His strength in you amazes me. Puts me to shame, really.

I think you're pretty cool.

And here's one 30-year-old who can't WAIT for heaven!