Friday, May 23, 2008

More of this and that...

Was sooo nice to have my missionary friends overnight last evening... the Yates'! They had two of their Navajo neighbor boys,Wakaine and Ty, with them. We had a blast! I sooo wish they could have stayed longer. They were like family to me when I was in NM, and it was like a reunion! Thanks for coming, Seth, Melodie, Marlin, Wakaine, and Ty! We love you!

I am sure that you all would like to see pictures, and I would like to share them with you... however, I seem to have forgotten where I put my memory card... to my computer and brain! Pray I will find it!

Due to bone pain and tiredness, Ron has recently stopped working again, but the nice people at his job has donated catastrophic sick-leave hours that will keep us being paid. The chemo and Neupogen that he receives still, is what is causing these side-effects! But, it should hopefully be all over in about 2 1/2 weeks, I believe! So excited... the light at the end of the tunnel is getting bigger and brighter! These side-effect hopefully will diminish quickly!

We have been having "battles of the will" with a certain toddler the past few days. Don't you love it when suddenly they have a period of time with mega-tantrums! God is helping us to train and discipline. They are great children, but they need the security of knowing Daddy and Mommy has limits, expect obedience, and that we love them whole-heartily. By the way, stay-at-home moms, be encouraged... you ARE doing what you are ordained to do when you serve your hubby and teach your children and not give them to someone else to raise. I have been hurt by some who have seemingly pointed out that I should be pursuing something "higher." This is a high-calling... I know that it is tough! I am going gray! And, I am not getting rich from it! But, I have a supportive husband in it, and that does make a BIG difference! Sometimes I just have to keep going back over the same scriptures to keep my mind focused. Don't loose heart, Mamas! You are the life-line of precious children... I am reminded of that as I nurse my baby, teach my toddlers, and read Scriptures to them and help them memorize them, and pray with them. I know I am responsible for three little souls right now. I am responsible to teach them how to play together, work hard, be honest, and pure. (Yes, my children DO have to clean house... even at ages 2 and 3. They actually CAN do it... although not always willingly.) Do I get a Master' s degree doing this? Not right now... with three children three and under... HA! Maybe if I had time as they grew I could learn some new things and do extra little things, but if I loose my children's hearts, and cause them to not know Jesus because I am not home (I do know that there are widows, etc., who have to work... that makes sense), I fear I have failed my job. Today's soceity does not make it easy, that's for sure! Especially with prices being the way they are!

The other day, I thought I would put the Bible into today's work language. (Read Corinthians.)
I am the employee...
My job is my home and children
My boss (head) is Ron
His Superintendent is Jesus
The owner of the business is God!

Coming off my soap-box to give kiddies a bath! Good night!

No comments: