Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Biopsy


They took a biopsy of Ron's skin to check for GVHD, as they do believe that is what it is. They raised one his immune suppressants again (they had lowered it... I call it the "skunk pill" as that it about what it smells like) and he has to put on a steriod cream. Hopefully, that will take care of the problem. We should know the results of the biopsy in a few days. He has a bone marrow biopsy on Friday scheduled... yuck! The bone marrow biopsy will tell if the graft took into the bone marrow as it should have.

Guess I want to have empathy, too, since I also have a rash... not sure what that is about... my guess is caffeine or allergy or Rosasea. Oh, well, that is nothing compared to Ron's situation. I just miss my clear complexion... I was spoiled with nice skin on my face until recently... now I am red and blotchy and have weird hot flashes... but, there sure are more important things in life than perfect skin... like my precious husband's life.

Please, keep praying for him. GVHD can be life-threatening, and I don't really know how to deal with this, but watch and pray and try to think right. We didn't go to church tonight for safety reasons, because of Ron's immune system and all the ill people in our congregation.

Excuse the laundry in the above pic... it is an endless job, ya know. :-)

No comments: