Monday, November 9, 2009

Ron update

Well, after today's appointment, Ron came home with two more meds, one being the standard treatment of GVHD... prednisone.Where do you think Ron is right now? Hunting! Well, really, he is sitting in someone's little hunting building where he can turn on heat, and is near their home.
He called some of his bus route on the phone the other day to check on them, and let them know he still cared about them, even if he wasn't the one picking them up right now. He found a teenager that moved and picked him up Sunday night... that teen is a great kid to keep and so sweet, and he lives on the way to our church! We still have one girl teen we continue to pick up some, because she only lives 5 minutes from us, but small children are too risky for us to pick up because they are the "germy" ones... bless their hearts, it is a fact, I guess, since Ron has to avoid them... except ours, who are homeschooled and sheltered here in our home. Ron misses those precious little children he used to pick up. They were special to him... to all of us. Faith looks at some of them as her dear friends... I have to watch her though, she wants to share stuff with them, even their lipstick stuff... now that is a fast way to share germs both ways!
The other day, he and some guys went and washed and later waxed the church bus. Looks beautiful! A few days before that, he cleaned out our shed.
He is doing the things that are on his priority list. I am proud of him for his efforts and hard work even though his strength is small, and the future uncertain. He is a dedicated man and wonderful husband.
I am clueless about many diseases and treatments, but I have been learning much, because I like to study them on my own. These things mean much more to me now than when I was a very young gal in nursing school, studying it, thinking it was a cool thing to be a "nurse." Patients were an assignment to me, a job, something to talk about. I was sooo immature and petty. Those poor people needed deserved much better than my half-hearted efforts and my sleeping in class and clinicals. If I were to become a nurse now, well, I would show them respect and I would truly understand so much more how they must feel... they and their families. Life is not a joke... something to take lightly... Jesus proved that one day when He gave His all for us. He didn't look at us half-heartedly, like an assignment, a job to hurry up and get over with... and, I am forever grateful. I had that sin disease, and Jesus, the Great Physician, had the cure, but He gave everything He had to get it for me. Thank You, Jesus... for everything... help me not to forget or ignore what You have and are teaching me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, thanks for the update. Sure hope that Ron can be treated for GVHD so it will not get worse. I have some preaching tapes that Ron might like. I don't have your home phone #. Give me a call if he is interested. Violet

Anonymous said...

Still praying for you all, Sarah. I really appreciate your updates. Much love!!