Tuesday, December 29, 2009

All's well that ends well, I guess

Dad did not have a heart attack. Mom called me when she got home from the hospital tonight. Dad had a heart cath done and they ballooned a blockage, I guess. I was way too stressed out about Dad today. My stress tolerance level right now is not too high, I guess.
Little Hope's foot is doing sooo much better. I have been diligent with her skin care today on her foot, and I am still so glad we got that cast off. I would have been heartbroken if her skin had broken down any further. It looks so much better. I have a bandage wrap and her special shoe on it. She is sleeping soooo much better! Parents, if you are like me and do not have much experience with casts, it is sooo important that you listen to the doctor when they say not to get the cast wet. Her foot is still tender from the small fracture, so that is why I am using a wrap and the boot. I do not want it recasted because I feel her skin needs to heal. I am pretty observant to my children's skin, in case you can't tell.
I owe Jesus a huge "thank You" for how He has worked things out lately. He has supplied our needs in ways most of you don't know. His works are wonderful! He provides, protected, and promises great and marvelous things to His children. I am so unworthy!
I have a fine husband, 3 fantastic little princesses, a warm and cozy home, nice clothes to wear, yummy food in my fridge and cabinets, and many extras! I guess I am pretty rich compared to much of the world. I just need to thank Jesus! I am even thankful for the clean smells in my house right now... of freshly washed linens and the light scent of bleach I was using in the kitchen... I just love it! I am thankful that we got Hope's cast off and she is feeling better. I am thankful that Ron has very educated and dedicated doctors, working hard to put Ron in remission and prevent anything tragic in the meantime. I am thankful for caring family members, and the fantastic and beautiful Church family here and abroad. I guess I don't really have a good reason to be so cranky afterall... guess I need to apologize to a couple of folk tomorrow... I shouldn't have been so touchy. Thank you, friends and family, for being so patient with me. The day ended well... and, I sigh in relief. Good night all!

No comments: