Friday, December 4, 2009

Hope mania

Well, I am sorry that I did not get pictures of the child's antics the last few days to share with y'all, but she has been a case! She is way too busy! Leave her for a moment and she might be diving into a cake or whatever food she can get her hands into... I just had to laugh when she got busted, for she was a mess from the cake eating crime and it would have made a hilarious picture! Then, another time she found a little left over coffee of mine that had cocoa in it and there was no hiding the guilt... she was a mess again...I was afraid she might stay hyper for too long. She has been "busy" for a long time, and keeps me on my toes. It started off with as soon as she could, she would climb... perching herself on top of the kitchen table was one of her favorites. I have to keep the bathroom door shut for several reasons... water is way too facinating to her... and, she has a thing for toothpaste... how much toothpaste can a child eat without getting sick? Right now, the precious one is up sitting beside me scratching my head... don't know why... but, it actually feels good, so I am just letting her go for it... I hope she doesn't tangle my hair too badly... she just bit it a moment ago... I have trouble figuring her out. She calls for me like I am on the other side of a ballpark. "Mom! Mama!" Talk about blasting me away! She gave me a "spanking" today... don't know what I did, but she seemed to think I needed a few swats... they weren't light taps either! She is stubborn, loud, and messy, but she is also wonderful, funny, and cute. I love my little baby who is turning 2 in just a few days. I hope Hope :-) knows how much I love her... her precious life has helped numb the pain and distract the overwhelmingness of Ron's cancer the past two years. Thank You, God, for little Hope Christiana. Please, help her to grow up to tell others that their is Hope in Christ!

Now, for those of you wondering about Ron's test results... it looks like we'll have to wait until next week. Sorry.

My heart is sad today for my friend, Gloria Jean McGinnis, at the loss of her son, Scottie. Gloria has been such an inspiration to me! In Heaven now, her son can see again! He is with his daddy, Coy, and with the One...Jesus... with whom he said he wanted to go all the way. His testimonies made such an impression on me as a teenager. We shall miss him.

Now, for a quick note about my other two children, whom I love very much, too! Charity had never seemed to be a child who gets up and runs to my room due to a nightmare, but last night, she must have had a really bad one... she was really upset, crying, maybe even screaming, and too afraid to sleep in her own bed. The little tyke is so skinny and small, it was no problem sleeping with her in our bed. Poor girl was still afraid of the dream coming back tonight. Faith is doing just fine... had a battle about supper tonight (she wasn't pleased about the presence of onions on her plate of fish and veggies), but we made it.

Well, it is late, so I had better go. Nite.

3 comments:

Andy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi there, I just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you and praying for you. Things sure have changed from our good old third floor days. :)
take care,

Dixie Parriman

Anonymous said...

Hey, Could you send me your address? My email is erindenise26@yahoo.com...Thanks, Erin Wells Liston