Monday, December 7, 2009

Joy bells ring, are you listening?!

Smiles broke out here, along with "praise the Lord's" and almost shock, when the answer came today! The phone conversation was between Ron and OSU's The James. He was wanting the answer today... what did that PET scan say? The answer was that nothing had changed and he was stable. SOOO, if nothing had changed, then, that means that there were no positive areas of soft tissue malignancies! That is very good news. The hope that he is cured for good has begun here. He still has to be on alot of medications for now for GVHD, and other conditions, but things are looking up. Hopefully, in a few months, he can be weaned from these medications and the Cook family can march on. We will know more perhaps tomorrow, and in the weeks to come. I like to see the written copy of the PET scan results from the radiologist, so I can know the facts and details... which I should see tomorrow. There is excitement in the air here!
We need FAITH, that God can be trusted, that He can do anything that is in His Holy will, that He is good, that He anwers prayers, that He keeps His Word, and that no matter what happens, He is not making a mistake.
We need CHARITY, for love is the only way our family can survive the battles that come our way.
We need HOPE, that all things are working together for our good, that our sins are washed away, and that we are winners in life or death.

Prayer requests for this week:
1. That Ron's appointment tomorrow will be even more confirming of this miracle. That the insurance would stop giving us a hassle about one of Ron's meds.
2. I meet with the doc to discuss my annoying nodule on my thyroid on Wednesday and maybe she can explain the weird hot flashes I have been getting... If I were 45, I would be able to figure it out myself, but I am only 28, so I will talk to her about them.

Thank you for rejoicing with us! There is hope!

1 comment:

Valorie Quesenberry said...

Sarah, I am so happy with you about this seemingly awesome news. I hope that your joy will be confirmed with proof! And I will br continuing to pray for you and Ron and the medical issues you both face. You are both loved and appreciated. I have seen God's grace so beautifully displayed in your life -- in the struggle you're endured God is helping your sruvive and keep going. I love the way you used your girls' name in your comments about what you need at this time :) I am praying God's strength and blessing to all you today. Love you.