Thursday, December 17, 2009

Treasures

Charity, Mimi, Faith, Hope, and Daddy, on Hope's Birthday!
Hope (with yummy cake on her face) and Mommy.

Her birthday jammies and dolly she got for her birthday matched quite well.

The children made "gingerbread" houses in SS at church. Yummy!
Faith gave this to us today. Too cute... not sure why the sun and the stars are both out.

The treasures of the past few days...

1. Hope turned 2!

2. Ron is doing better. He is getting daily shots right now for his WBC, has muscle spasms, and temporarily wears a heart monitor to see if there is any need for an ablation. But, overall, he seems to be doing well.

3. Faith had her first piano recital Tuesday, and she was a doll! Gotta love that curtsey! I forgot my camera, of all things! But, some friends got it on camera, and hopefully, I will have that soon. Thanks, friends!

4. Franklin Bible Methodist Church, thank you so much for the gift card to Wal-Mart! We were so touched! We got some needs (or, what I think was needed), and many "wants." There is a very funny story that I need to post about this experience... but, I will wait until later.

5. Thank you, also, to all the friends, family, and churches who have done kind things for us lately. You know who you are and what you have done, whether it has been daily prayers, calling just to check on us, cards of encouragement, or tangible gifts. It is incredible how I don't have to say a thing to someone besides Jesus, and when needs come, they are supplied! Those hugs mean so much, and they are "needs". You may not see me cry, but I do sometimes, when overwhelmed, but, sometimes it is quietly tucked inside, and those hugs, cards, and words of encouragement help so much... thank you!

2 comments:

Missy said...

Your family is just beautiful! We continue to pray for you! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Martha C said...

I love the way Hope is gazing at Ron in the first photo.
Just had the weirdest dream about you guys last night. . . You were living in our old apartment next to the church, and I came for a visit. :-)