Thursday, December 31, 2009

Getting geared up for a meaningful New Year!

I am excited about some fun and important things I am planning to do this next year. I have purchased a very nice planner, and I do "plan" to use it :-) I have a list and it is my intention to meet every goal on that list. It will enrich not only my life, but my whole family's, and even others. Now, here is the challenge. I have noticed a fault I have developed the past few years, and it must be disposed of... The fault of not sticking to a task... quitting mid-battle. I read in my Bible a while back and also heard elsewhere about guiding your heart. I guess alot of us think we ought to follow our hearts... but, my heart is lazy sometimes or gets broken too easily, so if I follow it, I don't think this year I will go anywhere... I will sit in a puddle of tears and frustration and wrinkle into a sad little prune. But, NO, I am going to change my methods (if the Lord Jesus will help me) and train my heart to press on. To do those necessary things and even some wanted things, even when my emotions say "it really doesn't matter." Who will join me? Get a planner, pray, and get to it... woohoo!

Just for those who want to know... Little Hope's foot is healing beatifully. There is still an of area of cracked skin from the wet cast, but it is a world better! It seems that even the bruising and swelling from the fracture is sooo much better since the cast came off... I am not sure how to explain that! I know that her big sister, Faith, has been really praying for Hope's foot. She told me the other day that she touched Hope and prayed for her (I heard her all the way in the living room! She was in her room!), and she said that God had healed Hope. Sooo sweet. Oh, for child-like faith!

Well, I have an consultation with the surgion for that thyriod nodule in the morning, so I had better go to bed soon.

One more thing first. Wes, my brother, had one of his knee surgeries on Tuesday, and is in alot of pain. I guess the situation was worse than they had expected, so I guess they had to scrape some bone off. Please, pray for a speedy recovery. (For those who don't know Wesley, he has had issues for years with his knees dislocating... it is nasty! It started when he was like in 8th or 9th grade, I think. Be glad if you never see this type of thing happen!) Pray that the pain will subside quickly.

No comments: