Thursday, January 8, 2009

Maybe if I shared my resolutions...

Maybe that would hold me accountable if say 100 people were reading my blog and saying... SARAH, YOU PROMISED!!! Hmmm, sounds like a good strategy... want to be an honest person, so maybe I will give it a try...

1. Would like to help 12 people to come to know Jesus as their Saviour... of course, I would be happy to see more, and I know that I cannot force anyone to give their life to Jesus, but I can tell them about Him and pray diligently for them. Ron and I have some new kiddos on the church bus... and, the timing for these children is amazing... Ron came across them the other day and invited them... their biological dad just died in a traumatic New Year's car wreck here in Dayton. Been seeing some folks we haven't seen in church for a long time return, and I am absolutely LOVING IT!!! God is on the move in this time... He is working in lives! I have felt kind-of overwhelmed at all the bad news going on, and know that Jesus could return anytime... then, I see HOPE in the reaching out of souls and in the voice of Jesus.

2. Read through the entire Bible. This is going quite well. I am actually feasting on it... been seeing the Scriptures in a new way, and it is sooo convicting and rich!

3. Loose 50 lbs. Sounds like a lot, unless you say... average 1 lb a week... doesn't sound too bad then. Think I am down by 2... 48 more to go!

4. Be consistent in teaching my children school and Scriptures. Ron has been taking care of reading them their Bible stories (they really look forward to this time with daddy), but I want to get them to memorize more Scripture, too.

Well, I need to get going... the house looks like 5 tornadoes ripped through... Guess they did!

No comments: