Wednesday, January 7, 2009

We're still kickin'

Okay, I guess I made it sound like we got rich on the last post... not quite, but the gift was alot to us! I think it was $ 430. It certainly helps!!!

God has been majorly supplying our needs!

First, Faithy was outgrowing her skirts, and I had looked and looked, but could not be satisfied with what I was seeing in the stores. So, New Year's Day I went to a thrift-store that was having a 50% off day, and found a gold-mine of skirt that fit my girls. I love buying skirts that look beautiful and new at only 35 cents or so each!!!

Then, I had this great desire for Ron to have a new pair of dress shoes. Dress shoes are very expensive, I found out. And, rather interesting to find when your husband wears a size 15. Would you believe it if I told you I found a shiny black pair that looked like they were only wore maybe once at the thriftstore for about $6.50. They are not leather, but still, for that price, how can one pass it up. He wore them this past Sunday!

Then, this is going to sound kind-of strange, but we felt we needed to replace the chairs we were using at our kitchen table (they looked really bad!!! They weren't that bad when we got them from the doctor's office that were throwing them out, but now they were very torn up.) Well, guess what?! I went to another thrift store selling at 50% off another day, to find what?! Six hard wood sturdy chairs with a table (I don't think I really need the table, but they were selling it as a set), for only $50 plus tax!!! I was sooo excited. I had been looking around for chairs, especially on-line, and I found out that they are VERY expensive!

There are a few other little items, too, that I found that are very helpful. I just love thrift-store shopping, don't you?

Then, I don't think I told you this, but I was wanting a skillet for Christmas, and guess what my Mom bought us?! A set of iron skillets... these things should last forever. I really like them... don't like washing them, but I like cooking with them!

I think of that verse, "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want." Ps. 23:1

God has been sooo good to us.

Might have another answer to prayer... but, I cannot say anything until we have come to a complete decision on it. Just pray for the un-spoken.

Ron goes back to the oncologist in a few days. I think they will probably schedule a PET scan to see if there is any activity. Please pray about this, too. He is working, but I know it makes him tired. His hair is really growing back now... and, it actually isn't blond, but it is very soft.

Just talked with a kind lady over the phone on Monday who works for Focus on the Family. She has taken an interest in our family and is praying for us. I feel quite honored. Thank you to each of you for praying for us and for caring. You, my dear friends and family, have made a great impact on my life. I see how much love is in the family of God.

Have pictures to share when I get to go to the library and up-load them! Or, when I get our lap-top up and ready for internet use. This computer doesn't seem to do the job very effeciently!

No comments: