Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Slow going...

Been sluggish today... got alot on my mind. Been packing some. Still need to finalize the purchase of the trailor, but it should be done soon.

The girls have poor little Hope stuffed into the TinkerToy bucket. Poor little girl! The funny thing is that she doesn't seem to mind anymore. It is just a part of her life to be put into clothes baskets, toy baskets, packing boxes, whatever they can put her in. She just "goes with the flow."

The girls and I played outside in the snow today, Faith did some schoolwork, we ate, I read to Faith and Charity, gave medicine to little Hope who is battling a cold or allergies, did a little research about a symptom that Ron is experiencing and about his radiation coming up, etc. I am feeling that wave of uncertainty today... why didn't all the cancer disappear the way it was supposed to? Will the radiation kick it? You are not supposed to be able to get radiation in the same area again even if it is years later (at least that is what my research says)... It's in the Lord's hands.

Just another day at the Cook house. Maybe I need a little coffee to wash away the hum-drums... coffee gives me quite a kick.

Got "Fireproof" in the mail today. I'm picky about videos, so I hope it is as good as it sounds... looking forward to the "date at home" with Ron tonight. Good to see that there are good Christian videos being made... I don't own a television, and I don't want one either, but we do occasionally watch a video, and have been looking forward to this "Fireproof."

My house is a wreck... but, how do you get a house clean when you are packing it up?! I think I am going to get rid of about a quarter of what we own by the time it is all said and done... the less you have, the less you have to clean up, huh?

Guess the news about what is going on in our country recently is a little depressing, too... How can people be so blind? How can they believe that murdering babies is okay? How can they use MY tax money to do something I do not believe is morally right? How can they teach children sexual immorality? I really hate the rapant sin! How can they threaten to take away our freedom of speech? Is our country going backwards? Oh, Lord, save our country from moral destruction, and save our Constitution... the things our forefathers fought for! Open our eyes! Push away the fog... the spell the people are under! Please, help our President to see the Truth and lead in wisdom!

Alright, I guess I had better go... got much to do, just thought I would spill my stress on you, so you could be stressed, too... aren't I a nice friend?

1 comment:

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Tom and I went to the theater and saw "Fireproof" because we wanted to see the big picture. It will make you laugh, cry, shout praises to God and a whole lot of other emotions. The most important thing that we learned was that a marriage is worth fighting for. Hope you enjoyed the movie as much as we did.