Saturday, January 24, 2009

Results of the PET

We got the results yesterday, but were quite busy, as we were taking a group of young people to a youth outing in Franklin... counting our family, we had 15 on the bus. Very fun time!

Well, the results, according to the oncoligist, show that the cancer is 95% better. There are two small areas of concern in the chest area that showed up on the PET. They would like to do radiation on them, but we are thinking about that... there is alot of information to consider that I am not going into here right now, and the doctor is going to talk with some others and to OSU doctors to see if they think radiation is the best decision to treat these questionable spots. It is nice to know that the cancer is mostly gone right now. He has had quite a mean disease, and seems that it is a rather aggressive thing! It doesn't want to go away without a fight... so it is getting a fight! Thank you for praying... prayer is the toughest weapon there is!

Been teaching my children today how to fold laundry, work in the kitchen, play tick-tack-toe, we even did school since I didn't do it yesterday, read to them, gave them piggy-back rides, put batteries in a new toy, had them listen to a Bible story, gave baths, fed them, diapered one, and chatted with Ron, and although my house isn't all clean, I feel pretty happy about my accomplishments! We have gotten rid of quite alot of stuff this week from our home in preparation to move in our trailor. ***uh, oh! The children have Hope in a box again, and they are pulling it around with a jump rope! I think she is actually enjoying it this time! I guess it keeps her out of the toilet... which has become quite a favorite of hers these days... YUCK!*** I think I am going to like the idea of owning a home! I might even like living in a trailor park, since I am a people person! It is funny to think 10 years ago, I was finishing up high school, and I had been terribly shy! Not anymore!

No comments: