Friday, January 16, 2009

Yes, it's true...

Yes, it looks like we are going to be moving soon, if everything goes as planned. Our landlord has been awesome to rent from, but he would like to sell this house, and I can't blame him for that! So, we needed to make a decision... Do we buy this house which costs more than we can really afford? Do we find somewhere else to rent? Where do we go? Well, we actually did not have to wonder long when some friends of ours who recently moved offered us their trailor at a VERY low price! So, we are not moving far, and the trailor we are planning to move into is nice, and although it is a trailor park, it is a nice one... with a playground!

Three of the biggest things I am going to miss by leaving here is...
1. My awesome neighbors! I LOVE them so very, very much!!! I couldn't ask for better ones! I feel very connected with several people in this neighborhood, and I feel like crying just thinking about leaving them!
2. My big front yard... need I say more?!
3. Easy access to the stores I shop at most, and the short distance to the church.

But... I look forward to making new friends, playing at the park, and checking out the new stores... old neighbors are definitely not forgotten!!! After all, some of them go to my church!!! This new home will be much more affordable for us. One cool thing is that we will own it, so I CAN PAINT!!! Goodbye to the off-white walls... okay, I actually love this house we've been living in, but it has some serious issues, like a bowed roof, bowed floors, and bowed ceilings... and, not to mention a basement that floods fairly often... things that would really cost to get fixed. But, I still loved it... it is big and pretty, but, you have to go through life with an open hand.

Now, the task at hand is to pack, clean, get rid of lots of unneeded furniture, baby stuff, etc. There is also a little repair that needs done in the trailor, but I think we have some friends who might be able to help out in that area. The girls' room needs painted pink (got the paint for a VERY cheap price!), the lean needs signed, and much of our income tax money handed over (this is what makes this purchase possible!). We really appreciate how things are working out. The trailor is very pretty and very kept up. Even has a new heater and some new carpet... guess the roof is either new or in great shape (that is always a good thing:-) )

To me, I like the debt-free thing... we have never gotten into much debt, and I don't plan to now. We really can't... it would be unwise knowing Ron's health situation, to jump into something we cannot afford. We have been blessed incredibly by having health insurance... I know that God would have taken care of us if we didn't, but it sure has lessened the stress in our situation by having it... Take a GUESS how much money our insurance plan has had to pay in ONE YEAR! Let me just tell you, I could buy probably 20 trailors or a couple of houses for the amount we would have had to pay for LAST YEAR ALONE if we did not have insurance!

If you, my dear friends and family, are bored and in need of something to do in the next few week... I might be able to help you out with that! HA!

A special thank you goes to the kind person who ordered a vacuum cleaner and had it shipped to my door... one little thing... I believe I know who you are! Who else would have known? THANK YOU!!! I had been just thinking how nice it would be to have a new one... I actually had just about given up on my old one, and started using my shopvac. I am sooo amazed how God takes care of our needs, and we don't have to tell anyone... HE KNOWS!

HE knew we needed a home, He knew Faithy needs skirts, He knew we needed kitchen chairs, He knew I wanted Ron to have new dress shoes, and sooo many other things he has taken care of recently... I still feel in SHOCK of how well He is taking care of us. BTW, if you don't know the chairs, skirts, shoes, etc., stories, read precious posts. Only God can give you size 15 dress shoes for $6.50! I see His Handprints all over the place... not to mention those groceries that were given to us at Christmas-time! I feel RICH! Thank you, Lord! I love You! You are Good with things look good, and You are Good when things look bad.

Oh, and farewell, dear Brother James Adkins... until we meet again! You were a great soldier in the Lord's Army... your prayers, testimonies, and outreach has not been forgotten. You lived 88 years here, but the best has just begun for you. Give Jesus a hug from me, and tell Him thank you.

1 comment:

Amanda Shough said...

Sarah,
God is def. good. I wish I could get out there more. I hate being so far. Let me know if you need to get rid of some baby things. You know I need them. Love ya.