Thursday, March 11, 2010

The fake anti-virus

Let me tell you... what ever you do, do NOT accept or purchase anything from this thing that might come to your computer... it is called "Personal Security" and it is terrible. It annoyed me so much that I actually was tempted to purchase their package to get free from the screens that kept popping up. Yes, Kira, I almost did it, too. My sister, Rachel, ran the same program and messed up her computer, but I called her and walked her through the steps to restore her system. I couldn't restore mine the normal route I had before... I had to do it in a different way than usual. If you know someone who has this virus, tell them before they junk the computer that they likely can restore it. They will likely not be able to read my blog or do anything much with their whole computer until they restore it.
1. They need to shut down their computer the wrong way... just turn it off.
2. Then, when they turn it back on and the black screen comes on, asking if they want it to come on normally or in a safe mode, you must choose a safe mode. Then, you must go through the steps to restore the system. If it doesn't just pop up offering you to do so, you can do it manually. It is not hard to do. It will restore it to a date that you made the change or upload. You might loose whatever you have done between now and that date you made the mistake of responding to that anti-virus warning. I won't promise your computer won't have some little issues, but mine is back up and running quite well, with few very small issues. Make sure that if you are offered to delete your Internet, that you don't do that, unless you really don't want Internet anymore. You might get that option. Be patient as it restores, as it can take several minutes to complete. Restoring a system is, I believe, found through the control panel, then in maintenance. You can choose a restore point sometimes, but going to the dates they offer, I think is a fine route. Rachel's computer works again, too. Best to just avoid the whole situation and just ignore the virus so you won't have to do all this, but if it is too late, just do the steps above, it should work again. I don't know what to tell those who actually purchase from this website, but I would quickly report it! Who knows what they will do to your accounts or with your personal information!?!
Just thought I would give help to the crying friends out there who are in this situation. I don't charge for my computer services :-) God is the One you'll want to pay, 'cause He's my Friend Who teaches me how to repair computer problems and other sticky situations.

No comments: