Tuesday, March 9, 2010

If you lack wisdom...

Well, I am just excited! We had a pretty serious computer problem that was greatly distressing me. I was afraid it was just ruined, really. I prayed. I had the girls pray. I was beside myself trying to figure out how to fix the problem. I tried so hard, but it seemed the more I tried the worse it got. You know computers are not cheap and we use ours very often. It is how we often research subjects, check up on friends, it helps in some ministries, it's generally how we view a video, type up documents, update my blog, order school materials, etc, and sometimes we use it to listen to music and church services... so, I was sooo upset when it seemed destroyed. I called Ron and told him that we might have to take it to a computer shop. Sigh. That couldn't be cheap to do. I am happy to tell you, however, that it was not necessary. God answered our prayers, and led me through some interesting steps and my system is restored and working very well. God knows how to fix complicated computer problems! Just for you to know... be verrry careful about downloading a file you are not familiar with... it can make life miserable on your computer... that is how this all started. It looked like a security system that said I had all these threats, so I thought I had better check it out. Instead, it did terrible things on my computer.
Another thing I got done today is ordering next year's school work for the children... Faith will be in first grade and Charity in K4. I was happy about the price of the materials, but the shipping costs was rather shocking... guess it is mound of books. I decided to go ahead and do A Beka Book again, and do the Bob Jones Catechism I already have for an additional Bible teaching. Compared to sending my children to private school, this is a very good price!!! I mean, even if they went to a public school, they would need money for this and that, and for less than $500 (including tax, shipping, and handling), both of my girls have their school stuff ordered for the whole year... of course, there was some stuff I didn't need to purchase since Faith had them for Charity... yeah, for the tax return! The girls are set for a Christian home education for another year. Now, Mommy will have her work cut out! Why is it that I had nearly 20 kids in a class back when I helped in a Christian school in NM, and it is seems harder to teach my own kids... is that strange or what? Maybe cause I was used to the Upper Learning Center in an ACE school, where most kids already can read and can manage without having help every 5 minutes. Oh, well, it is worth it.
Well, another upate is that my sister's wedding has been moved closer... try July 31st, I think... ohhhh, I have some pounds to loose if I don't want to look like a whale in her wedding! It has been a while since I tried to wear "fancy" clothes... motherhood kind-a takes that desire out of you quickly... too risky, and jean skirts hide kid prints better than the pretties do.
Well, maybe I will do pictures another time... I need to get moving!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Sarah, I'm glad to hear the Lord answered prayer yet again. Isn't He so good! I received the same kind of virus alert, but I decided to ignore it. Thanks for blogging about it, so others can be wary of this. Keep encouraged!

Anonymous said...

Yep. Those screens pop up on me too. One just last week. I don't do anything at all with it, but I go to the AVG antivirus program in my computer and scan the whole computer. It has ALWAYS come up clean that way, so I know it is someone wanting me to download a virus to my computer.
Sometimes it is almost impossible to get rid of those "virus" boxes that pop up. I click NOTHING except the "x" in the corner but sometimes they don't have an "x" so then I just shut the computer down. A pain in the neck is what it is. They look so legit.