Friday, March 12, 2010

I double dare you to try this with me!

Okay, fellow coffee and chocolate lovers (and, you soda drinkers, too!)... are you brave? Are you willing? Are you stronger than your addiction? Who will join arms with me and declare "I shall be free!"?
Okay, I sound weird, but I am addicted, and when I don't have it, well... it is really hard. Sometimes I even have caffeinated medicines... that is how much I feel I need it to get things done... to feel motivated. I think it has even made me very ill when I have overdone it... but, I am stuck... NO... I SHALL BE UNSTUCK! I SHALL BE FREE! I SHALL SURRENDER MY DAILY HAZELNUT ICED COFFEE FROM MCDONALD'S THAT CONTAINS AN UNREASONABLE AMOUNT OF CALORIES! I shall report to you my victory over this stronghold in one week... if I don't keep my word, write me mean comments, okay! HA!
I have a hiatal hernia, by the way, that is really hurting these days because of my obesity and additions to harmful habits like caffeine. It burns like crazy! I have other symptoms, too. I refuse to destroy this body God gave me anymore! I am tired of the fat. I am tired of burning. I am tired of the heart flutters. I am tired of being nauseated, belching... (okay, that was more than you wanted to know), and feeling like I am going to throw up. I am tired of being tired! I AM DECLARING WAR on Satan's attempt to make me miserable! Just because my family has gone through very difficult and sometimes depressing moments, does not give me a pass to indulge in whatever I want. I may not know the future... I may feel confused... I may feel that life just doesn't make sense... I may not feel like shouting... BUT THIS thing I have learned... if I went on feelings, I wouldn't even be alive right now. Feelings cannot be trusted. So, if God will help me, I want to surrender my body to Him. It's all Yours, Lord! Goodbye, hazelnut iced coffee! (I feel this strange urge to cry and mourn... I really do ;-) )
I know this is a weird sounding post... but, bare with me... when it was discovered that my husband was in the late stages of cancer and was loaded with the stuff, it did something to me... I kind-of got careless about some "little things" like eating, etc. If you have never been there, well, it is hard to explain. I think I will actually write about it... someday. Most people don't stare widowhood in the face when they are in their twenties, unless their husband is in war or something, so trying to explain how I got addicted to caffeine and got fat so fast is kind-of difficult. But, NO MORE!
SO, if you want to join me on my protesting against Satan's sneaking scheme of getting us chained to something... let's go!

No comments: