Friday, March 12, 2010

Sailing life seas...

I know... two posts in one night... it's just a two-post night, okay?!

This is an old photo of Ron, his dad, and Faith in our canoe. I had thought about posting some reflection photos of the past couple of years, but it would be rather emotional and Ron does not look well in some of them... but, not bad. Instead, I thought I might just tell you about something that touched me recently. It is a bit strange, really, but my girls were watching Veggie Tales' Easter Carol, and you know the part where "Hope" is singing her song in the church about the Hope of Easter? (Yes, I get touched by children's videos, music, and books... I can't help myself.) If you are not into watching videos, you have to at least hear the song sometime. "Death will never be the end." This world is not IT... not even a grain of sand in measure to what is to come... that is, if we are in Christ. How comforting! Indeed, how wonderful! Indeed, how victorious! Cancer need NEVER win! Not really win! Unless we give into sin and turn our backs on God and let it win. Either way, dying or living, it's not the end. Do you believe that? So, I turn my heart from sadness, and say, "Rejoice!" for if Ron cured... I get to keep him beside me here hand in hand for longer... if not, Jesus Christ has conqueored the grave, and I will trust and obey the Lord so I can join him when my day comes, too.
If you are wondering about all the sentimental posts tonight, well, I am just sentimental tonight. It is the middle of the night, and I think I am entitled to being sentimental at this time... and, I have had alot on my mind lately. Ron is NOT sick or having any new symptoms this week, in case that is what you wondering. He hasn't had to go to the doctor, he's gone to work everyday, went out to eat with me and gone shopping with me, did a jail visit, and is as busy as a perfectly healthy guy... so don't you worry about that... I have just been thinking too much, okay. You watch a Veggie Tales video, and see if you don't get moved to compassion... HA!!!
I better go to sleep before I go insane. Goodnight... it is almost 4 AM!

1 comment:

Martha C said...

Sarah, you are so funny! I wouldn't even be making sense at that time of the morning. :-) I loved seeing all of your new pics, and as for chocolate. . .this pregnancy is making me not like it too much. Isn't that weird? I couldn't stand it before Ethan was born, and then I fell in love with it. Now, I am back to take it or leave it. Strange what pregnancies can do to your body. . .