Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ramdom recent ramblings

The girls are in the living room jumping on a mattress Ron picked up for Hope yesterday (it's used,but looks good to me). They did this last night as well, and their wonderful laughter rang throughout the house. Their laughter caught me, and although my emotions have been TERRIBLE of late, I had to laugh! It was about the most beautiful sound I have ever heard. I wish it could last forever! They would fall and "get hurt," but after I didn't make a big deal over the "boo-boos", they just back to it.
It was just about as fun as when they played at a park and slid on a tiny strip of ice over and over and flopped in the mud the other day. It was hilarious! They were extremely dirty. As we walked home, Faith looked down at her muddy clothes and said, "I look like the Prodigal Son." What funny little people! It was a rare mud day, as I typically do not allow them to get that dirty! It was so nice outside, that I couldn't help myself... mud, or no mud!
I want a cup of coffee so badly right now, and I might actually allow myself to have one. I have gone DAYS without it, and I am proud of myself. I haven't done well with some other areas. Maybe one or two coffees a week would not be as bad. I now don't have to have it everyday... that is very nice.
Faith is changing Hope's pull-up, Charity just handed me some tissues, and the girls picked out their own clothes today. It is nice that they are getting old enough to help out. They even sometimes help Hope go to her little potty. They like to try to help do Mommy's chores... which sometimes is more work for me, but other times, it really does help.
Faith now can read using short and long vowel sounds, and count to 100 by 1s, 5s, and 10s. She can do simple addition, write in cursive (fairly well... got to work on little f, and some of the capital letters some more), is done with Social Studies for the year, and tries to write sentences when she is playing. She is working on some consonant blends, and on some problems like 3+_=7. The other day, she looked at a McDonald's sign, and said something like, "Look, there are only two vowels in that word, and lots of consonants!" I was shocked! I had no idea she even thought like that!
We got next years school work in the mail yesterday, and Charity wanted to start on her preschool stuff right away. I am not sure if I am ready for that, little Charity. This little girl is EXTREMELY excited about school!!! You would think SCHOOL was a party or something the way she squeals about it! She will likely start piano next year, as well, after she learns to recognize more letters.
Hope is trying to act like a little boss! She is hysterically funny. She has been climbing in bed at night with me and Ron fairly often lately. She is a wiggler! If I had to choose any child to sleep with, it would probably be Charity. She is tiny, and can lay very still, but instead I keep getting the wiggler! She somehow got her lip split the other night... it looked awful, and her face was broken out... she seems to have some real allergy problems... poor kid! If you saw her on Sunday, you would have seen how pitiful she looks. I think it is more than milk, because I took away milk the other day, and she broke out again. I think it could be peanuts, too. We'll see. I am going to test it out, since that is something she had the day she broke out again.
Ron is busy these days. He always has something he wants to do... or, me to do! He's back! I get overwhelmed easily these days... I think that maybe I have some trauma from all the drama. I am making strange promises like no coffee, no late night computer, I will do this, and I won't do that... then, I have trouble remember that I made that promise and why. My mind wonders all the time. My emotions sail up and down. It is getting annoying! I miss having close friends and family to visit me. I miss doing ministry outside my home. I can hardly wait until it is nice enough to go outside everyday. Whoa! I think this is properly called "cabin fever" when one needs to break free from the winter's hibernation and constant drag... when one can get out of the house and think about more than toys on the floor, laundry, and cancer. Fresh air... little kids laughter... a chat with an adult at a park... and planting flowers... oh, I can't wait!!! I am supposed to start teaching Children's Church again in the beginning of April... I am so happy about that! I love teaching Children's Church, but have not been able to do it since before Ron's last transplant.
It would be nice, in my opinion, to have a Christian support group for cancer patients and their caregivers and families. They have support groups at hospitals and through cancer organizations, but why not Christian groups? Knowing Christ changes much about your outlook on this disease. How does one get started in getting one going? Anyone know? Maybe there already is one. I volunteer for a certain organization doing mailings for fund-raising, but it is not specifically Christian. Any thoughts?
Well, in the meantime, if I seem a bit off-tract, bear with me, God is going to pull me through. He will pull US through. I am not giving up. I can't guarantee I will be a de-caff woman, skinny, beautiful when all is said and done, but the sun will shine again, and I will laugh again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.