Saturday, March 6, 2010

The UPDATE

Thought the creek was really pretty.
Hope enjoyed the outdoors.
Mommy and Faithy.
Wearing Daddy's hat.
I loved seeing the countryside.
Loved this bridge!

Charity was a bit afraid of it at first.

So cold, and so fun.

Faith cried and cried when it was time to leave.

You have to watch this 2 year old... I think she would just about run into that icy water if someone wasn't watching.

MY MAN! He sooo enjoyed himself, he even cried because he was so happy. That is what I love about him! He loves doing this kind of thing with his family.

He would have loved to stay longer, too!

I am thinking "brrrrrr! How could you want to just sit in that snow?!"


This little tot looks sooo much like her Daddy.

The old Cookmobile.

Trees and snow... isn't it beautiful?!


My hair was wet here... brrrr! And, a wreck.



The icy lake.

Well, I did say I would give you all an update, so here it is...

1. First of all, I know some of you are waiting for the results to Ron's CAT scan. We do not know the details, but OSU told him over the phone that things were STABLE. That's all I know.

2. Oh, yes, we are allowed to have our little bunny. They basically didn't want dogs here. I can understand that in this setting.

3. Faith has been working very hard in her school work, and is pressing toward that finish line for K5. Charity will be 4 next month. Hope hasn't really been "potty training" regularly, but has been telling me often when she does something in her diaper. They are growing up. Yep, they are.

4. Well, here is some really BIG news! My little sister, Rachel, is engaged! I think her and Brett are planning to be married maybe September 25.

5. I will have a total of 4 neices and 4 nephews really soon. (That's counting Ron's sister's children, and my brother's children.) Nice even numbers, huh? Thought that was cool, and blogworthy.

6. We went on a short family vacation (two nights) to our "family spot" at Pike Lake. Very nice... and, cold. We enjoyed our time together. Unfortunately, I got really ill, and spent part of the time miserable and in bed or in the bathroom. I am not quite sure what happened, but I do know Charity was sick a few nights ago, and Faith has complained of an upset stomach. I can handle the aching, but vomiting is just not very fun. I still managed a little hiking and family activities, but by the second evening, I just crashed. I am feeling some better now. Not completely, though.
That is what the photos above are about. I have more to share with you, maybe next time.
Pike Lake is a special place to Ron and me. That is where we had our honeymoon, and we have tried to take the kids out there almost every year. The water was frozen and snow was on the ground. We played outside anyway. We enjoyed the fireplace and some Bible story videos I brought along.
We are back home and hitting the busy life again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear of sickness. My heart feels for you. The pictures were great. Thanks for the update. I look forward to reading your blog. Love You All