Monday, March 29, 2010

Mondays...

At the youth rally on Friday night, I was the Purse Babysitter for our young people... a rather boring job, to say the least.

The child with the allergy that needs discovered.

Yes, you might see your own picture on here. Hope you are okay with that.

Charity and her new found friend, Jillian... they had lots of fun together. I think Jillian is sad here because the toy dog they were playing with broke. There was another 3 year old they were playing with, but I don't know that I got her picture... they had a 3 year old clicke going on.

I was testing out my broken camera on lots of people. It still took pictures, though it is shattered.

Jillian and Charity again. The girls are looking forward to camp and IHC to see their friends again.

We had a nice group from our church there.


There was good food, good preaching, and good fellowship.

Our young people had a blast.

Below is my nephew and his friend playing basketball.


Above is the backs of some of our youth group.

Above and below is Hope with another one of our youth.


Another sweet girl from our youth is pictured above.

Our pastor's son... a very sweet tweenager.


On the left, you will see Faith with her new friend, Kaley Q... they were precious. They held hands and walked around the fellowship hall.

It's fun seeing all the churches get together and fellowship.

Some folks don't like their pictures taken.

There they are... holding hands. It was so sweet.
I actually helped pick friends for my kids. I tried to find children who looked their ages and sent them their direction, and it worked wonderfully. Since I know most of their parents, I have no fear of their attachment to them.
On to today...
I am up and at 'em, and feeling guilty for saying that the coffee was given over to God and still drinking it like it is water. Sigh.
Two children are bathed, laundry started, my bed stripped, two children fed (one slept in... she needed to... weekend has left her over-exhausted), listened to Focus on the Family, read a powerful blog of a friend, and snuggled with baby, who inspired an immediate bath when I realized she was soaking wet and had gotten my bedding wet... that'll get a mama on the move! Third child is getting in the bath, and I need to switch loads of laundry in the washer... Hold on a minute...
Okay, I am back.
Heavy on my mind is that failure to keep my word on the coffee, Ron's extra fatigue and weight drop, the fact Hope is going around the house with nothing on but a shirt... potty training, my missing friendships and outside connections, and the MOUNTIAN of work to do today... housecleaning, laundry, school, and Ron wanted to do a family night tonight as he will be gone all day tomorrow d/t work, doctor's apptmt, and board meeting. I know his CT scan on his chest came back very good, but a PET scan is coming up and I get stressed about those... and, though his counts have been good, I am concerned about the weight drop and fatigue, etc. Maybe it is because he is off the Prednisone. Don't know. I am a paranoid woman.
One fun thing to note is that Hope's vocabulary has increased! She was just going around the house chanting, "Faith Cook", then "Mom Cook." She loves to sing "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus..." and that is the only words she sings on that song..., then, she likes, "Holy, holy, holy..." and that is all she knows of that song, too. We have heard Jesus and Holy so many times of late, but it is wonderful! What better words could you hear a two year old sing over and over?!
Anyway, I thought I would share some pictures of this weekend. My camera is shattered and I could not see the pictures I was taking... just a white screen shattered, but when I got home, I put the disk in the computer, and was pleased to see that it still took pictures. I am very sad that my digital camera got broken, but it was my fault... I dropped it.

1 comment:

sherryldickinson said...

I enjoyed reading your comments on "today's" events. It reminds me of when I was a young mother and facing those overwhelming Mondays. Mondays aren't quite so daunting these days, but they are still a challenge. Even though my younger days as a wife and mother didn't have the exact circumstances as yours, I see that my thoughts and feelings were a lot like yours are.
Be encouraged, as "Jesus knows all about our struggles. He will guide 'til the day is done. There's not a friend like the lowly Jesus. No not one. No not one." Smile.
I have found the words to this song to be true in my life.
Michael Dickinson's mom,
Sherry in Phoenix