Tuesday, August 10, 2010

105.0 F and random things

You are about to view pictures taken with a broken camera... Can't you tell?
On Faith's birthday.
I made this cake for her with musical notes... I don't know if I have posted these, but as you can tell, I didn't spend alot of time decorating this cake, but it was yummy. For her birthday, she got her violin. She said that she was so happy, she felt like she might cry. Now I need to find out how to get ahold of my friend who offered to give her lessons.




On our feild trip to the Air Force Musuem.



Wow, Hope, that is a huge smile there!
Can you work that helecopter?

Can you land that plane?

What do you think of the insides of this plane?

Hope just HAD to have her doll and a blanket in the museum... and, it was so hot outside!

Who is your mama, child? Your hair is a wreck!

We've organized this school mess since this... looks like a disaster zone here... that is something you risk with homeschooling. Things can get a bit messy.
Notice the backwards 7. She seems to really like her arithmatic. She LOVES her first reading book as well!
Below you will see the scrappy style quilt I made for Ron's mom and dad. It has all their children and their spouces, and their grandchildren's names on it.


The blanket behind it is my comforter she bought for us a couple of years ago.

Camp is still being remembered by my children... they really made good memories there.
Back to the quilt...

Back to camp... gotta love the orderly fashion that I posted these in!




Loved the ape!
Rachael and Roger did a fantastic job!


Our gardening theme... now we are doing a hunting theme. Need to get pics... it is cool!


Ron having fun with the kids.



My man is the church bus driver at our church.
105.0F
That was Faith's temp yesterday. Took her to the pediatrician AGAIN... cause this mama is paranoid. They did some tests, which all came back norm, so "it's a virus." Sigh! Faith had a fever again this morning. Poor kid... just so you know, when my kids run 105.0 F temps, they get excused from homeschool. No kidding, huh?! Actually, I think that was the first time any of my children have had that high of a fever. I tend to panic when fevers get like 103 even.
I thought she was doing better yesterday, and the girls and I went to Wal-Mart to get some stuff, but half way through the store, Faith started feeling sick. We got home, and that is when her fever soared to ridiculously high numbers. After the dr visit and tests, etc, we came home, and I mowed the lawn, cleaned house, and washed everyone's sheets and blankets from their beds.

For some reason, I also had sympathy toward the critter in the cage outside who looked overheated. So, I brought it in and bathed it, cleaned its cage, and gave it fresh treats. The girls are in their room now playing with that bunny, who seems VERY happy to be indoors instead of the 90 degree weather. Much more lively now. I just hope my allergies don't act up again. I just couldn't seen myself letting their little bunny die from the heat.
Well, old and new, there's a little post for the day.
We are still awaiting Dad's biopsy results. He is still in the hospital and in pain.

2 comments:

LaDonna Rae said...

Some of the pics with the "broken" camera look very art-sy-ish

Sarah Cook said...

Well, now, I should have known there would be something good come out of wrecking my camara! :-)