Monday, August 16, 2010

Bad news first, then the good... how's that?

Well, guess the old diagnosis of a fatty tumor wasn't quite right for my dad. The pathology report came back from the Mayo Clinic saying that that he had liposarcoma. I guess it is low-grade and they are going to do another surgery in about a week to make sure there isn't more. My understanding is that they think they can get it with surgery. So, there was a bit of the ugly C in that that tumor after all. Sigh!

Today, I took Faith back to the doctor due to EXTREME pain in her left side, and we are working on this situation here... if this doesn't resolve, she will need an ultra-sound to find out what is causing her problem. Poor girl, she has been through the wringer. I hate seeing her so sick. I am, however, weary of the pediatric appointments. It is embarrassing to have to come every week for the last three weeks because her symptoms have been so crazy, from 105.0 fever to extreme headaches to severe pain in her side to constipation... I can hardly wait 'til she is all well again! I think our new course of action here, though, is working... it's not very fun, though.

Ron preached in West Portsmouth on Sunday night. It was sooo fun to be back "down home." SOOOO many memories there! In the morning, though, we were at our church in Dayton, and we had about 28 children in our class ages ranging from 3 to 12! It was a powerful class, and I felt like God really was helping. Some children could be heard repeating after me to give their hearts to Jesus! Doesn't get better than that, my friends!!! Couple of kids came up to me after class to tell me that they had recently gotten saved... one at a camp, and one while having devotions with her big sister!!! Praise God! This teacher was tickled to pieces to hear their reports! I have a fantastic group of kids to work with! This Sunday, we won't be there, but we will have some folk filling in for us. We are to be back in Southern Ohio preaching at another holiness church. I LOVE hearing my hubby preach! If you think he is fun with the kids, he is just as good, if not better, preaching to the big guys! I enjoy the little people... big people sometimes make nervous. I can be myself with the children and they are rather cute! They are so tender, and you just never know what might happen in class... keeps life interesting! Big people sometimes sleep in church, clip their fingernails, twiddle with their cell phones, and doodle on paper... in Children's Church, it is not considered rude to say, "Okay, little Johnny, you need to put your toys under the chair and look up here. Little Susie, we are looking for quiet seats, so you best be not whispering to your neighbor!" You just can't do that to the big people without offending someone... although, I am sure there are ministers out there who wish they could.

As for me, I am up late cleaning house, and just finished listening to an episode of Unshackled! Can never tire of hearing how people's lives are transformed by the power of Christ Jesus! Well, I guess I had better get goin'!

That's that... the good and the bad... and, oh, yeah, I also had a fantastic time with my three little treasures at Carriage Hill Metro Park on Saturday... it was a blast! The highlight was playing in the shallow creek and watching the huge frogs. The animals on the farm are always fun to watch. We especially loved watching a calf show off for us... it would hurry over to the fence to where we were, then when we would walk away, it would run and jump around, as if to say "Look what I can do!" Soooo cute! Gotta love baby animals... they have little cute lambs, too. Now, it did storm while we were there, so that made our 3 hour adventure a bit more interesting. I can never seem to tire of that place. I would love to spend entire days there. Maybe we could have school there sometime. How fun would that be! We could study Science where Science is happening... the various trees, plants, bugs, animals, landscapes, etc., right there all around them... beats being stuck in a desk, in my opinion! Wonder what folks might think to see a family with their backpacks full of textbooks and crayon boxes sitting in the middle of a field or in the woods or maybe by the lake or creek, studying their lessons... who cares? I just think I might do that! Sitting inside all the time is too depressing... the walls start closing in on you. Kids need the fresh air and room to move, don't you think? There are also history lessons to learn at that place, too. If you live anywhere near Dayton, you just HAVE to go there... even if you have no children... I am convinced that when you live in the city, you have to find a country place to go to, just to get out of the crazy-ness!

Well, I guess I really ought to go now... have a good week... and, if you think of it, pray for my Dad's cancer situation and for my little girl... pray our home treatments we are giving Faith will "fix" her issue, as much as she hates it! If you want to know all the crazy things we have done to help Faith, you will have to call me and ask... I simply am not going there on my blog... besides, that will give you a reason to give me a call. When the phone rings and it is not my hubby or close family member (or, a sales person), I might just fall over! Calling on the phone and saying Hello must be out of style these days when there is Facebook and all. Kind of miss those voices, and even visits... those are out of style now, too, I think. Too bad. There is nothing like knowing that you are cool enough to just sit with and drink a cup of coffee... but, this is a fast-paced world. Since my Grandma passes away, I guess people's presence has become more special... you never know when they just won't be there to hug or touch, to eat with, to smell their scent, to hear their voice, to cherish their smile, to know they love you with all thier hearts 'cause they just tear up when they see you at their door, or their waving as you leave, saying, "Come back anytime. You are always welcome here!" That's how going to my grandparents house was. That was the old-fashioned way of lovin' people... I rather like it. Blogging is fun, too, but real people are the BEST!

Alright, I really ought to go now! Good night, my lurkers!

No comments: