Friday, August 6, 2010

While walking through the Valley of Despair...

Okay, I am into John Bunyan's writings right now, so I am relating what is happening presently to Pilgrim's Progress.
My dad is in the hospital again. This time, the big C is suspected. He is supposed to be operated on (his leg) today. The mass is huge. Could be a fatty mass mingled in the muscle, or the big C... my guess is that if it the C, it might be a sarcoma. They are cutting him from the knee up the the hip area, and are supposed to try to get as much out as possible.
Two of my children are ill and fighting fevers, hence my middle of the night post here (one is still awake). No clue what they have, but I do know that Faith's includes terrible headaches. I couldn't get Hope to take the medicine to lower her fever, so I hope it can go down without it... she is back to sleep now, so that is nice.
I feel like I need to keep my eyes open for that monster, Despair, for I know that the Sword is strong, powerful, and precise. It has proven Itself true this week, as I draw from Its rich resources. I find peace, comfort, guidance, and strength to pull through this time. Amazingly, I am not too afraid at the moment. I was overwhelmed and hurting Wednesday night at church... I went to the nursery and cried like a baby. I was grumpy before that, for you see, I had just found out about my dad, and I hadn't had a good meeting with Jesus before church to find peace, but I did later, and I am glad.
Pray for us this week as we walk through this another valley.
Clutching to my sword and armour, with prayer,
Sarah

2 comments:

sherryldickinson said...

Hi Sarah,
I wondered why I saw a new post for Ron and Sarah Cook, pop up so late tonight on my Google Reader. After reading your post, I knew why.
I am sorry you have sick girls, and I am sorry to hear about your father's problem with his leg. But, it makes my heart happy to hear how you take your cares to Jesus, and he helps you to have peace in the midst of the storms.
I surely do appreciate the fact of you, Ron, and your three little girls doing your best to serve Jesus. What a beautiful example of Holiness you folks are being.
It makes me happy that I got to meet you, while I attended your Dayton church. And, I enjoy reading the posts on your blog.
Keep looking up to Jesus!
Love,
Michael's mom in Phoenix, AZ

Liz said...

I'm sorry, Sarah... I'll be thinking and praying for you!

I forgot to mention the other day - you were trying to help a little hand learn to hold a pencil - Darrell Lee has the same trouble - he's almost 5. There are pencil grips you can buy that slip on to the pencil and help their little hand get used to the feeling... I'm going to get one for him. School supply store, I'm guessing...