Sunday, August 8, 2010

simply sick Sunday

Well, since I am just here at my house with the little 6 year old who keeps spiking nasty fevers, I thought I would post a post... how's that? The highest fever that I measured with my little one during this thing, has been 104.2. This morning, while you all were worshipping in church (or, you should have been, unless you have a real situation), Faith's fever spiked up to 103.6. I have really thought about going to the ER with her, but the nurse I called from our insurance company believes she will likely be fine, and that she her virus could even start getting better by tonight, but to keep their number handy just in case. Ibuprofen seems to work great for Faith, and once her fever goes down, she even play a bit... sometimes even eats. Faith is getting weary of the strong headaches and her upset tummy.
I hope to post some pics sometime of the quilt I made for Ron's parents. His mom seemed to like it. It was my first FINISHED quilt I have done by myself. Definitely not perfect, but I tried.
I also have pics of Faith's first week in first grade... a first week that was cut short due to illness, but she got a good start. I got my paper the other day from the county's Superintendant stating that Faith is excused from the public school this year, and wishing us well. Yay! We are good to go with homeschooling this year! I really was nervous that we would be denied... not sure of any reason we would not be allowed to homeschool... we are using a very thorough and well known Christian curriculum, we meet all requirements and then some (if they ever required degrees, we've got that, too), and I have plenty of experience... but, since this is my first year required to send in info, I was nervous... but, we are good to go! Praise the Lord! Faith has a year packed with learning ahead of her!

No comments: