Friday, August 13, 2010

Dramatic story number 2,349,689 for the year!


The burnt surge protector... how do you like all the stuff in the background? AAAAUGH!
Got to get down to find the problem. So thankful for the guys who were willing to risk it.
The guys who were out here to work on it today.
Getting us GROUNDED!
BURNT!
The burnt carpet

The room where the smoke was... Faithy is lying down here, cause her tummy was hurting. Excuse the naked dolls. We just recently painted this room pink for her. I love a freshly painted room. Someone "back home" hand quilted that blanket on the wall for her when she was a baby.

I would like to make some curtains for her room, as I just did for her sisters' room.

Last night we had an electrical situation happen, and it resulted in a gas worker under the house getting shocked and our house filling with the terrible smell of burnt wire. Faith's bedroom was a cloud, and it was later discovered that the computer's surge protector was burnt clear through, there is a black area of carpet, and a small amount of the computer desk. The poor electricuted guy seemed fine, though he recounted his story to me in a way that makes me never want to become the "ground", as he says he became. He said he was glad it was him and not my children, and that it happened during the day and not at one in the morning (something about a short or something wrong with our electric... I have noticed something didn't seem quite right with our electric here. So glad God protected us... they shut all the electric off when they realized the house was smoked... who knows what might have happened if they hadn't. When the guy under the house was being shocked the lights in the house went crazy... like lights went bright while others went off, and back and forth. Poor guy! People were working on it last night and this morning... our house is now grounded... that is a good thing.

Now on to something fun. I have a fantastic Secret Sister this year, and she is royally spoiling me! The other day, she got me Bath and Body Works and peppermint patties... I was sooo excited. This Secret Sister seems to know just what I like, but I don't always get for myself... she has gotten me fantastic candles (they are the expensive ones, too... I check the bottoms to see what kind they are, and one of them was like about $20!) She even got me stuff for St. Patrick's Day... now that is dedication!!! I wish I was such a good SS! I always know that when I open that bag from my SS, there is a treasure inside! She has good taste!If you could read the bottom of this candle, it was like $19.50! It smells wonderful!I was in love with these bowls and they were great for my kitchen! They are red, and my wall is more burgandy, but it still looks fine to me.
The basket below and the star candle below were also from my SS. The bouquet is from my sister's wedding, and I just put up that calander/memo board... a great help organizing homeschooling and life. Notice all the 7UP on the counter... we got it for when Faith was sick, but she preferred ice water. The little calander encouragement book on the deep freezer was also from my SS.





I bought hot sticks the other day, and they worked nice on the girls' hair Wednesday night, but I think they sweated some of the curls out and the humidity was not on our side, I guess... but, these picts were taken before they went off to church. Faith and I didn't go, but I took her after church to be annointed. I believe the Lord has touched her. She seems to have improved so much... she still has tummy pain, but I think we are done with the high fevers! Thank you, Jesus!

Hope and Charity's hair.

This is Faith dressing up... thought it was hilarious... I made that mask in high school!

No comments: