Friday, August 31, 2007

All in one day



This is how I found Faith earlier today when I noticed the house was abnormally quiet. She was asleep on the couch, and her fever was up.



Charity saw me taking pictures and didn't want left out, so she kept saying "teese," better pronounced as "cheese!"

Have you ever had a sick child, secretarial work to do for your hubby, and laundry pouring out of your house?
Well, let me tell you, I would LOVE to hire someone to help me right now. I am clueless on Ron's new side job and my children are in need of constant care (Faith is extremely whiny and grouchy due to her 102.3 degree fever axillary. I have given numerous doses of ibuprofen, tylenol... off brand, cold and allergy medicine, and 4 doses of her antibiotic. She is still fighting fevers, and I am getting weary. After all, this has been going on since Sunday night!), and my house is falling to pieces!
Okay, I must admit, I am proud of the great job I did cleaning the basement yesterday. It desparately needed it. Although, it is creepy and ugly down there, I must say it is now one of the most neatly organized basements I have ever had. I even bleached the floors, but I still need to clean the window sill areas... lots of spider webs! Should have taken before and after pictures! I felt like Mrs. Clean! But, now my upstairs begs my attention, and I am overwhelmed! If you are a lady who feels inspired to help and don't charge tons of money (because I don't have tons of money to give you), please call Mrs. Overwhelmed Pregnant Lady at 1 (800) NEEDYOU. Really though, hopefully, I will be able to tackle it during the girls' nap time. I am amazed how much I can get done during that time... might even drink a little cup of coffee, which I don't often do especially when I am pregnant, but it might just give me that extra boost!
I did actually get out of the house yesterday; I think I walked at least two miles! I took the girls to McDonalds and then I went to Meijers. I had to have some ice cream! My sciatic nerve was going crazy yesterday, and it was very painful! But, like I said, I had to have ice cream!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that Faith is still running a fever. Bless her heart - you can tell from the pictures that she just isn't her usual bubbly self. I hope she gets better real soon. We must be thinking alike this week - I've been wanting to clean my basement too. If you can do it while you're pregnant and have a sick child, then I certainly have no excuse! Maybe I'll start right after supper...if I feel like it. :-)

Dixie said...

Wish I lived a little closer, I would come and help you. Sorry Faith is still sick.

Sarah Cook said...

Dixie, you are too sweet. You already have you hands full with a little baby. I would love to visit with you though!

The Yates said...

Hi Sarah,
Hope Faith is better, and life gets a little easier for you this next week.
Mel

Sarah Cook said...

Thanks, ya'll, for the kind comments, and your prayers!