Monday, August 6, 2007

good days and depression

Interesting how you can have such a good day, and still feel very depressed... yesterday, children's church went really well... We even had the live fish, but Ron had to buy it Saturday because he was unable to catch one. The overall lesson of the morning was giving everything to Jesus. We had a quite a bit of kids this week, but it was really nice having our teenagers at church helping. They did a great job!
Last night Ron, the teens, and I had to speak about youth camp, and that went well, except I didn't get to show the 180 pictures I had on a CD... It was supposed to be on a laptop in the vestibule, but I think communication wasn't well... so everyone had to settle for the 25 picture I had made up on a poster. It was fine.
I was so down yesterday that I spent half of the service last night crying, and part of the afternoon as well. I think hormones are playing a big part in it... but, I am getting tired of the blues. For all of those praying family and friends of mine who read my blog, please for God to heal my sadness. I really don't have much to be sad about, except I get tired of myself, and I feel lonely. Funny, huh? How can I be lonely with two little kids, a teen/youth ministry, children's ministry, outreach, new projects, housework, a good husband, etc., to keep me busy? I guess it is possible since I am. I think sometimes Christians don't like to talk about depression, but I think it is good to be REAL, and admit life is not always bubbly. Check out Jeremiah... he was a little on the moody side, but he was a great prophet. I sometimes get annoyed if I feel like people are always pretending to be happy, but I have done it... it is better than moping around...
Well, I am looking forward to my ultra-sound next week.
Really I have to go... got to catch up on a very large mess. Yeah!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sarah, I'm sorry that you've still been feeling down. I think alot of us have those times - we're just not ready to admit it! I hope the rest of your week is calm and maybe you can get some extra rest. I know when I was pregnant, I had to get lots of extra sleep. Don't feel guilty about taking naps - you need them! The housework will still be there later!