Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I'm Back!

Okay, as far as the goals go, I didn't do terrible. Yesterday, I got up at about 4:40am and attacked my house. Still have a very big pile of clean clothes to put away, but I am totally amazed at the transformation of my house! It is really great what you can do when your children are sleeping! It really cheers me up to see it look like a home with a wife who cares. So excited to see what I can get done tomorrow morning... slept in this morning, exhausted from yesterday's activities.
My devotions have perked up more, except today, because I haven't yet had them, but I certainly do not plan to miss!!!
Exercised only one day! Took a walk... maybe 2 miles, guessing. It was very hot... but, I survived.
Did not do preschool at all with Faith. It is okay, she is only 3, I tell myself.
No, I didn't stay completely away from my computer... I desparately needed some parenting material, and found some Christian resources on my computer, because...
Had a very rough weekend with Charity, but I think it is improving (Miss Strong-Willed I'll Throw A Tantrum, herself). Discipline was exhausting! But, I got a couple of compliments about how well she has improved in church, I didn't have to even leave the service Sunday night! She really is a great and beautiful child... just needs some learnin'.
Have a cell phone now, and so does Ron. Yes, we have stepped into the 21 century, and decided to make it possible for us to reach each other, and for all those people who need us, and struggle to get ahold of us. I am really excited. I got mine for free, and, yes, it takes pictures. My phone is pink...
Which leads me into another subject.... who loves pink more than the Cook family?! Guess you can figure out what I am about to say about my ultrasound... pink, curls, ruffles, and lace. I cheated and found out what I am having, and you guessed it! My husband is definitely being outnumbered right now... but, says he likes girls, and that he is NOT disappointed. I was briefly, but then it turned to joy... they say the baby looks good, and obviously, this is what God wanted us to have. I have restarted the crocheted blanket, and it is definitely girly! Not to be overly proud, but I think we have extremely beautiful girls. I am really looking forward to holding this one in my arms come Christmas-time! This is one special present.
Now those of you wanting to see pictures... never fear... I will plan to put pictures on soon (not only of the baby, but other special events of the past few days. So stay tuned!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoyed reading this post! I think it's neat that you're having another girl.

Belle said...

How exciting!! Glad your baby looks healthy!!

Dixie said...

Congratulations on a girl!
I have been thinking about you this week. Glad to read your post.

The Yates said...

Just stoppping by to say,"HI!"
Keep encouraged!!!!:)
Have A great week!!!
Mel Y