Saturday, August 4, 2007

Roses and Car washes







Okay, so I didn't go scrub my house down after I posted yesterday. I actually went outside and smelled the roses... really! Here is a picture a rose on one of my rose bushes. Thought it was too pretty to not share. Then, I took pictures of my girls... then, of all things, I walked probably close to a mile for some M&Ms! Pregnant women get desparate some times, and my emotions were begging for chocolate!


Today has been an interesting day so far. I was about to put Charity in the car this morning when I realized her diaper had leaked all over her... when I got into the house to clean her up, I realized it actually was all over the carpet. AAAugh! So I bathed her and put a clean outfit on her while Ron hurried to try to scrub the mess off the carpets... bless his heart... I actually got out of most of that job this time. We were just on time for the youth carwash.


The youth car wash went VERY WELL! We are now ABOVE our missions pledge, and we still have another fund-raiser scheduled in two weeks... not sure what we are going to do about that yet. We washed so many cars today, I am about exhausted! Praise God for His help! Six young people showed up and worked to reach their pledge. It was a little scary with some of the cars being VERY, VERY new and beautiful. I was hoping everyone would be pleased with the work.


After the youth car, we had to drive a couple of the young people home, and then I had to go grocery shopping at Aldi's. Did well there, too.


Ron is now out calling with Charles Beatty, and later he HAS to go fishing. Really, I demand it... we need the fish for children's church tomorrow. Yes, we are very serious about our ministries :-) I have to still get a few thing together for children's church, and I have plenty of housework to do, as usual.


So glad that today has been a more cheerful day, minus the rough beginning.


I was going to put more pictures of the day on this post, but my computer isn't cooperating, so I will try to get them on here later... don't worry, teens, your car wash pictures are on the way, Lord willing.


For those who are asking, my ultrasound is on the 13th! This Monday's appointment is just a regular check-up!


Added Later: Got 'em! Car Wash pictures!






No comments: