Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Family Night Out- A Touch of Healing











Thank you all for praying for me, for I had a good dose of "medicine" last night.




I went to my dr's apptmt, and it took her a while to find the baby's heartbeat, but it was found! Praise God!




Ron, the girls, and I had a great family night out... I loved it!!! I think I really was needing that. Plus, while I was at the doctor, Ron cleaned our bedroom really nicely, and did weed eating outside. Clair and Melba Sams stopped yesterday afternoon, and we chatted a while... that was really neat. They actually stopped by for a key to one of the churches.




Later, Ron dropped me off at the mall, and gave me $20 to spend... It was fun. I bought a couple of things at Bath and Body Works. A VERY RARE treat, since we aren't exactly rich... but I love certain smells of lotions, air freshners, candles, and I even love the smell of household cleaners (bleach, Pinesol, fabric softner, carpet cleaner, etc). I am a little picky when it comes to perfumes, etc., because some of the generic stuff gives me headaches or reminds me of a funeral home... definitely not what I need.




Then, we went out to eat at McDonalds, and went swimming at Caesar's Creek. (No, not the beach part, we went to a more secluded area.) Yes, we were very appropriately dressed... I am sure that those who were going by on their boats probably wondered why we were so fully dressed... It took Charity a while to get comfortable and stop crying. The water was definitely not too cold... Yesterday was a very hot day. Faithy didn't really want to leave, but it was late and the mosquitos were coming out. I have to confess, I am a little whimpy when it comes to smimming in lakes. I can hardly stand the feeling of that stuff on the bottom or the stuff floating in the water... Maybe its seaweed and sand, but it still grosses me out... I still had plenty of fun!




On the way home, we sang and sang together. Then, stopped at Meijer's, and got home at a late time, but it was a great evening. Thank you, Ron, for the wonderful family night out. Most of all, thank you, God, for knowing my frame. He knew just what I needed.




I do feel so much better. Got a miniture vacation last night.




Faithy has been working on preschool almost all morning... coloring, cutting, gluing, using watercolors, playing dress up, etc... right now she is wearing an Indian costume with feathers in her hair... I told her about the Indians who lived in America a long time ago. Since I used to be involved in mission work with the Navajo Indians, and we recently took a trip to New Mexico, I was able to explain it more simply. I will have to share those pictures later.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you were able to have a fun time with your family last night! You've been on my mind alot the last few days and I was so happy to read about your fun evening. The girls look like they were having fun. Mollie loves the water. She is a little too brave sometimes! That's so cute about Faith dressing up like an Indian! I would love to see the pictures.

Unknown said...

Oh..boy that water looks GREAT!! I am SO HAPPY that your family night was so refreshing...see weed and all. Like you said "thank the Lord that He knows our frame" How good He is to us!!

Dixie said...

Hi Sarah,
The pictures of you "family night" are cool. Looks like fun!
I don't really like swimming in "lake water" either, not knowing what else is in the water drives me crazy.